Flameless Candles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollyanna

Reaction score
Looked for a topic on products for our B&Bs, and did not see one. I hope I didn't tuck this into the wrong place. I had a guest last week who noticed our no candles policy and she showed me her catalog of electric candles. I'm scent sensitive so I don't really get too excited about candles or anything scented. But after seeing her samples and catalog, I thought this might be something innkeepers would be interested in. The scents were very subtle, as well. I'm not selling these, I have no financial interest, just wanted you to know about something I had no idea existed. I thought they were beautiful!
You can see them at www.scentsy.com/yolandanorris.
Thanks Morticia for the tip -moved it to Inn the Guestrooms

It should go in the 'Resources' section because it isn't really B&B marketing. 'B&B Marketing' is for ways to market the B&B, not products to use. You can change the category it is in by hitting 'Edit'. Not sure you can move it to another section, tho. If you can't move it to 'Resources' you could put it under 'In the guestrooms'. (Or just start over!)

Yes FLAMELESS CANDLES were a big topic several years ago..but don't know if there is a thread here on them. I had and still have them in my bedrooms. LOVED THEM! You can buy them just about everywhere today. Target, Wal Mart, even the dollar store has the little votive light ones. LOts of innkeepers use these now.

There are lots of sources for electric candles, including Lowes and Home Depot. Some are all plastic, some have real wax on the outside.
Main drawbacks:
  • Some look so real the guests try to light them and ruin them. (No surprise there.)
  • Some models run out of power after just a few hours. Since you can't rely on guests to turn them off after an hour, you could spend a lot of time replacing batteries. I think I read of some that turn themselves off automatically after an hour. That would be handy.

Yes we discussed this and in fact some had issues with people trying to light them as they look so real!

Back