Flannel sheets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
I've always used very high quality cotton sheets year-round, but this year I'm thinking of switching to flannel sheets for the winter, something like LL Bean carries, so still very high quality and no pilling. Yea or Nay? I've never used flannel sheets myself because my husband thinks they will be too warm, but getting into crisp cotton sheets in the winter can feel a bit cold initially. I use down comforters on top of the beds.

I have used flannel sheets in winter doe years. I have never had a complaint from guests. I used flannel on my own bed until I switched to a really nice fleece last year. My first fleece sheets (my bed) were like a sweat shirt. Last year I ordered a second set and at first thought they has sent the wrong thing because they swere so soft! Then realized my fleece bathrobe is soft (fuzzy feel).

I would NOT go with the flannel if I were you. I am about to order a set of fleece for the king bed in guest territory for the winter (will use flannel that I already have on the queens as I do not have a lot of business in winter). The fleece is so soft & warm BUT have had them on my bed since the end of August when it got chilly at night but not cold enough for a blanket. Love it! I am trying to find them again to order the king. will let you know what the details are when I find it again.

DW adores flannel sheets; my guess is a quarter of guests would too, but the other 3/4 would definitely not, so ... no flannel sheets.
There's a lot in hospitality that goes to the lowest common expectation.
I did serve a Japanese breakfast last week, though, but I got an OK in advance. Not going to begin asking people what kind of sheets they want!

The flannel are great. None of my guests complained about them. Will let everyone know how the fleece is received when I get them.

The person around here who hates flannel is ME! And I hate the look of the piling on the sheets. Soft microfibre in winter. Soft and very warm.

Back