Flash issue

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
My partner works at a financial company and behind the firewall it takes 3 minutes for our flash to load.
go to this page and click "more" for any room - http://www.quillandq uilt.com/rooms.html to see the issue page.
Anyone else ever had this issue? My original idea was to do a html page like this - http://www.quillandq uilt.com/test.html
But honestly I kind of like the flash now. Wide spread issue or ?

Sorry I should have linked directly - http://www.quillandq uilt.com/colvill/colvill.html

Very slight delay. Long enough for the slideshow logo to pop up and that's it. And that might be deliberate on the software designer's part.
I like the flash better. You need some static pix, too, for the iPhone users.

Sorry I should have linked directly - http://www.quillandq uilt.com/colvill/colvill.html.
That one came up quite quickly for me. Barely a pause. However, I hate to say it, but those photos are not very good quality. I am not sure I would bother until you get some better ones. Too pixelated...not a good impression to me :-(

I did see some sort of logo apear but within a blink of an eye the pictures were scrolling. So, you may find that those searching during work may find this an issue, those at home would be smooth sailing.

Yep we are doing new photos. Yeah this is a bummer as I really like the way the photo thing works at the moment. Seems classy.

Yep we are doing new photos. Yeah this is a bummer as I really like the way the photo thing works at the moment. Seems classy..
Do remember that FLASH does not show up on Smartphones and with the little preview web view on Google. You have to embed a image file under it. I have yet to accomplish that feat. No time to read how to use the script...but I will one of these days :-(

Hey T, worked for me instantaneousely. However, I am on a PC not a phone, I would not want to send people away using phones. I agree with CL on this one, I would rather see some CLEAN IMAGES than zooming in and around low rez grainy ones. (I know that is not the feedback you were asking about).

F*** Fl***
In 5 years, 80% plus of your customers will be looking at a screen about the size of a (then no longer legal) pack of cigs and trying to find you because that is their GPS as well.
Give them information. Leave the cinema to Hollywood.

I had a bit of a pause on mine. Not unbearable but in my opinion, not worth the wait for just a little bit of zooming or panning. There is no great effect happening here that is so cool that would make me pick you over some other place with still photos.
Android phones and Windows phones will handle the flash, but iphone, ipod and ipads won't (boneheaded move on apple's part but they are arrogant enough that they will stick to this flash ban for a long time.) Apple does have a large market though so you do want to present some alternative content for anyone that can't handle flash for whatever reason.

I am a big iphone/ipad user and unless they solve the flash issue. no one will be using their products soon.
Do you think our customers sign up on their phones? I would never enter all of the info on my phone.

I am a big iphone/ipad user and unless they solve the flash issue. no one will be using their products soon.
Do you think our customers sign up on their phones? I would never enter all of the info on my phone..
Sorry but no Iphone or I pad user is going to leave them! I want one and I don't care if it doesn't do flash :) Millions of others must not care either.

Do you think our customers sign up on their phones? I would never enter all of the info on my phone..
toddburme said:
Do you think our customers sign up on their phones? I would never enter all of the info on my phone.
Do guests make reservations on their phone keypad? You betcha. And they do banking. And other cc stuff.

Is Flash just a flash in the pan?
What is next? Wait for what is next, 86 the flash in the pan... Just my 2 cents.

Sorry but no Iphone or I pad user is going to leave them! I want one and I don't care if it doesn't do flash :) Millions of others must not care either.
Not sure but there is a reason they are number 2 and falling.

Not sure but there is a reason they are number 2 and falling.
# 2 to who?? Guess I don't keep up with it enough. There isn't another tablet out there I would want right now.

Android is the number one selling smart phone platform. Free from google so it has some clout. Their apps are cheaper and are catching up. I used one a few months ago and it is just like an iphone imo but maybe even a bit better as they handle text a little different. Then add in that they do flash, and well I can see why they are getting more people.

Android is the number one selling smart phone platform. Free from google so it has some clout. Their apps are cheaper and are catching up. I used one a few months ago and it is just like an iphone imo but maybe even a bit better as they handle text a little different. Then add in that they do flash, and well I can see why they are getting more people..
I was really surprised to learn that iphone and ipad don't support flash. Evidently Steve Jobs does not like the technology so won't support using it. I don't understand how they can get away with that, it seems like every website has some kind of flash in it (ours does!).
BUT, my father in law and sister both have Android phones and they are horrible. All the typical Windows type problems (needing constant rebooting, updates, etc.) and they are terrible as phones too (dropped calls, problems with ringers, problems with blue tooth). I have a second generation BlackBerry Curve and I want to drive my car over it, it is horrible. My niece and my other sister have iphones and they love them and I love them from what little I've seen, but again I'd need to see how much the lack of flash would impact me. I wonder too as Joey did if Flash will go by the wayside when the next "big thing" comes along.

Is Flash just a flash in the pan?
What is next? Wait for what is next, 86 the flash in the pan... Just my 2 cents..
Flash is too deeply embedded in the web, it has been and still is the leading platform for interactivity within a site. Consider that all youtube videos play within Flash... it is too deeply embedded to dry up and disappear on its own and there is no-one trying to rival it, so there are no better alternatives.

Back