Fleece Sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I just got a new queen bed to replace a full-size in onw of my rooms. I have flannel sheets for the winter in queen size but they are colors suited for the room that has had a queen from day one. So I wen sheet shopping (say that 3 times quickly!). Kohls had fleece sheets that were $115 for $ 45 & change. So I bought one set in fleece and one set of flannel - with the standard 15% discount - it came to less than $83.
My Ohio innkeeper friend was coming down - we finally found a time we could get together to celebrate our birthdays!! - so i put the fleece in the rom she was going to be in as a test. I forgot to tell her it was a test or even mention the new sheets. first thing she said when she came down in the morning was - oh how soft and nice those sheets are! The will be wonderful on a cold winter night. They are hot but soooo soft. - She thought they would be great when it gets colder (maybe I should not have turned on the heat in their room) but it was not that cold yet here.
My comments so far: They are going to take up a LOT more space on the shelf. They have now been washed (I wash in cold water) and dryer dried twice and so far so good. There was no shrinking - the bed they went on for Wednesday night was a very thick (reversible) pillowtop mattress and the bottom sheet fit nicely. the pillowcases are not "generous" in size but fit the standard pillows OK. I will update if there is a change in my opinion of them. So far I think I am going to like them - they dried quickly too.

I cannot tolerate anything but cotton now. No napped fabrics. Here's what I would worry about- hair. Static. I know what it is like when I peel my fleece jacket off so I can't imagine sleeping on fleece with a synthetic nightgown. Shocking!
Just my opinion. Everyone else may love them.

That is why I was going to ask her about how they were. I will ask my guests in the future. Worst case they will come downstairs and if DH does not like them, the Penny Pincher will get another donation. Thanks for the heads up of what to watch for. BTW, I did not get any zaps when I was folding them which is unusual if there is anyt static present.

I cannot tolerate anything but cotton now. No napped fabrics. Here's what I would worry about- hair. Static. I know what it is like when I peel my fleece jacket off so I can't imagine sleeping on fleece with a synthetic nightgown. Shocking!
Just my opinion. Everyone else may love them..
All cotton here . No flannel/fleece.Never had a guest ask for it, yet .
regular_smile.gif

I don't want to put them on guests beds because some people get too hot and I am afraid they will sweat too much. I on the other hand don't ever get hot. I bought fleece sheets last
year at Kolhs and I like them but they pilled after a while. This year I found some a Costco they are like heaven. I smile every night when I get in bed. They have not pilled at all yet.
They are the best sheets I have ever had to sleep on in the winter. DH wanted to put them in the guests but I don't think it is a good idea. If I have a single woman stay they would
love them.
I am still on the quest for wrinkle free sheets that feel great like my old ones. I love them and they are getting worn. I am the queen of sheet take backs. :) I have taken more sheets back that don't live up to my expectations than you can believe. I have two sets to take back next week.

I don't want to put them on guests beds because some people get too hot and I am afraid they will sweat too much. I on the other hand don't ever get hot. I bought fleece sheets last
year at Kolhs and I like them but they pilled after a while. This year I found some a Costco they are like heaven. I smile every night when I get in bed. They have not pilled at all yet.
They are the best sheets I have ever had to sleep on in the winter. DH wanted to put them in the guests but I don't think it is a good idea. If I have a single woman stay they would
love them.
I am still on the quest for wrinkle free sheets that feel great like my old ones. I love them and they are getting worn. I am the queen of sheet take backs. :) I have taken more sheets back that don't live up to my expectations than you can believe. I have two sets to take back next week..
My Chicago daughter said she likes her fleece but likes the microfiber better. I may go back and get a set of microfiber also. that way I will have them all!

my sister and her husband ADORE flannel sheets. i like them in winter if they aren't 'pill-y' ... their house is cold, really cold and drafty sometimes, and those cozy sheets can be very comforting. especially when the room is cold. but i am not ecstatic like they are. they stayed in upstate new york last winter and had them and they talked about for days. how wonderful they were.
since you've got them, and you just have the three rooms, why not offer them as an option and put them on the bed if guests want them? would that be a real pain?

my sister and her husband ADORE flannel sheets. i like them in winter if they aren't 'pill-y' ... their house is cold, really cold and drafty sometimes, and those cozy sheets can be very comforting. especially when the room is cold. but i am not ecstatic like they are. they stayed in upstate new york last winter and had them and they talked about for days. how wonderful they were.
since you've got them, and you just have the three rooms, why not offer them as an option and put them on the bed if guests want them? would that be a real pain?.
seashanty said:
since you've got them, and you just have the three rooms, why not offer them as an option and put them on the bed if guests want them? would that be a real pain?
Have a menu of sheets, like the pillow menus that are somewhat popular? That's an interesting idea, could even generate some publicity if you wanted. Make it part of the reservation process - what kind of sheets you want. I don't think I would want the extra work - heck I don't offer a pillow menu either - but might work for someone.
I know if I were staying somewhere I would like the option of not having flannel sheets, since I get crazy hot in them. But I also know changing sheets on the guests' whim is a lot of work.

since you've got them, and you just have the three rooms, why not offer them as an option and put them on the bed if guests want them? would that be a real pain?.
seashanty said:
Have a menu of sheets, like the pillow menus that are somewhat popular? That's an interesting idea, could even generate some publicity if you wanted. Make it part of the reservation process - what kind of sheets you want. I don't think I would want the extra work - heck I don't offer a pillow menu either - but might work for someone.
I know if I were staying somewhere I would like the option of not having flannel sheets, since I get crazy hot in them. But I also know changing sheets on the guests' whim is a lot of work.
muirford said:
seashanty said:
Actually it would not have to be that big a deal. I can make a bed in just a few minutes. Instead of making the bed first (when I strip it) I could do everything else first. I could have that as part of the reservation process in winter. Summer it is cotton - period. I would have to invest in a set of full-size fleece and one each size in microfiber. No pillow menu - other than the now budget room is my non-feather room. What an idea!!!

seashanty said:
muirford said:
seashanty said:
Actually it would not have to be that big a deal. I can make a bed in just a few minutes. Instead of making the bed first (when I strip it) I could do everything else first. I could have that as part of the reservation process in winter. Summer it is cotton - period. I would have to invest in a set of full-size fleece and one each size in microfiber. No pillow menu - other than the now budget room is my non-feather room. What an idea!!!
gillumhouse said:
Actually it would not have to be that big a deal. I can make a bed in just a few minutes.
It would be too much for me to a) have enough different sheets for six rooms that I could offer the menu and b) changing rooms at the last minute. I have too much turnover and too many last-minute reservations, plus have housekeepers for the turns. So I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. But for someone without those concerns it could be a cool offering.

seashanty said:
muirford said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Actually it would not have to be that big a deal. I can make a bed in just a few minutes.
It would be too much for me to a) have enough different sheets for six rooms that I could offer the menu and b) changing rooms at the last minute. I have too much turnover and too many last-minute reservations, plus have housekeepers for the turns. So I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. But for someone without those concerns it could be a cool offering.
For a large inn, that would be horrendous! Just the outlay for the sheets would be impossible. Since I am so small and in Podunk to boot, it is something that would be viable. I would not make the bed until I knew what kind of sheets they wanted. Another reason it would work for me is that I do not get walk-ins - I consider it a walk-in if I get a call from the road and then I have time to make the bed.
that is the neat thing about this wonderful place - we are all shapes and sizes and can help each other with ideas.

Back