Flower pens

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I just made a bunch of flower pens and need some advice. The floral tape is VERY sticky on both sides so the pens leave a sticky residue on your fingers when you use them. Any suggestions for getting the stickiness off the pens so the pens don't stick to the guests? Will the sticky eventually wear off?

try some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. how far down is the floral tape?? Post a picture please.

IMG_2042.JPG

It seems that just being out in the air is drying out the sticky. I put a piece of scotch tape on but I don't think I need that to hold it in place.

try some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. how far down is the floral tape?? Post a picture please..
The tape goes all the way from the point to the top. It was fun to do! Spent a whopping $3 at Jo Ann's.

rub a tiny bit of cornstarch over the sticky part ... just a tiny bit

Use electrical tape over the floral tape..
Joey Bloggs said:
Use electrical tape over the floral tape.
I had never seen GREEN electrical tape before so I thought you weren't getting the 'look' I was going for. As it stands, the stickiness is pretty much gone so I can keep the floral tape.

Joey Bloggs said:
I had never seen GREEN electrical tape before so I thought you weren't getting the 'look' I was going for. As it stands, the stickiness is pretty much gone so I can keep the floral tape.
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I am married to a sparky.

Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
[/quote]
[/quote]
thumbs_up.gif

IMG_2042.JPG

It seems that just being out in the air is drying out the sticky. I put a piece of scotch tape on but I don't think I need that to hold it in place..
Those are cute. Did you make them to put in the rooms? I love the idea of using different colored electrical tape, too. Great idea, Maddie!
thumbs_up.gif

IMG_2042.JPG

It seems that just being out in the air is drying out the sticky. I put a piece of scotch tape on but I don't think I need that to hold it in place..
Those are cute. Did you make them to put in the rooms? I love the idea of using different colored electrical tape, too. Great idea, Maddie!
thumbs_up.gif

Using them at the front desk for check-ins. I might put them in the rooms now that you mention it. I need some different flowers for the rooms. Different colors.

Although the arrangement described above is considered "typical", plant species show a wide variation in floral structure. These modifications have significance in the evolution of flowering plants and are used extensively by botanists to establish relationships among plant species.-Tax Tiger

Although the arrangement described above is considered "typical", plant species show a wide variation in floral structure. These modifications have significance in the evolution of flowering plants and are used extensively by botanists to establish relationships among plant species.-Tax Tiger.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Although the arrangement described above is considered "typical", plant species show a wide variation in floral structure. These modifications have significance in the evolution of flowering plants and are used extensively by botanists to establish relationships among plant species.-Tax Tiger.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

SPAM ER
Flower said:
The best thing to do is just use the 'flag as offensive' button rather than adding another reply to the post about the spam. When the spam fairy goes in to clean things up s/he gets rid of all the messages, so that those forum topics don't come up as unread for folks who arrive later logging in. Adding to the topic just means that it will be tagged as unread and people will look at it after the spam message has been removed, leading to the confusion that we saw yesterday with Kathleen's recipe post. They are mostly software robots creating the spam, so they are not 'reading' your responses.
But do flag it, as it helps to notify swirt when things need to be cleaned up.

Back