flowers in your yard

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
volunteers.jpg

so here are flowers from the yard that i plunked in a vase in the hallway
i don't know what some of them are ... they are volunteers from prior plantings in the yard. mostly, i watch to see if different clumps of things get flowers before i wack them down!
i'm posting them because 1. i wanted to see if i could post a picture, 2. i wonder if someone can tell me what the bright pink flowers are and 3. would love to see your flowers!

My flowers are pretty much done. The azaelas bloom in the spring and when they finish the rhodos (pinkish purple) bloom and the yellow whatever in the corner. Then the white rhodos and rose bush. the day lillies and the 2 glads that got missed are blooming now and falling across the ramp. Replaced everything I did not recognize (and no one else could tell me what it was) and the irises that blocked the sidewak with herbs. The peonies got whacked by the lawn kid. I was so grateful to have someone man the mower I did not say a word!

I call the pink ones Phlox. Not the creeping kind. I have the purple 'bellflowers' but don't know if that is what they are. Queen Anne's Lace (big white one), daylilies.
Let me know how long the bellflowers last. I've got a bunch of them. I'm encouraged to go out and raid the garden!
Do you know what the pink ones look like once they go to seed? Do they get the big 'coin-shaped' seed pod?
Where did you get the map display case? I could use something like that for the 'other' towns' maps.

I call the pink ones Phlox. Not the creeping kind. I have the purple 'bellflowers' but don't know if that is what they are. Queen Anne's Lace (big white one), daylilies.
Let me know how long the bellflowers last. I've got a bunch of them. I'm encouraged to go out and raid the garden!
Do you know what the pink ones look like once they go to seed? Do they get the big 'coin-shaped' seed pod?
Where did you get the map display case? I could use something like that for the 'other' towns' maps..
Yes, Phlox, that's what I meant, kinda rhymes with stock
tounge_smile.gif
Ahh vowel in the middle!

We have Rose of Sharon blooming all over, our Asian Magnolia is blooming again, our southern magnolia is still blooming, our confederate jasmine creeping up the front steps is blooming and a few others I don't know the names. Our hydrangea just ended.

I don't know what those pink flowers are but they're really pretty!
Hydrangeas are just about finished here. Canna lilies are still blooming and some roses once in awhile. Day lilies are finished. Mums bloom all the time...I have no idea why! Some of the various perennials are hanging in there, but not much except the lantana. Our Confederate jasmine is also about done. Mexican petunias should be blooming pretty soon. When it gets hot like this, it seems like everything kind of poops out.

You'll have to let us know how long the phlox lasts when you cut it. I have some in my garden but it seems to wilt pretty quickly. I just cut some sunflowers from my neighbor's yard yesterday and they are already shedding their pollen. I put them in water with sugar and bleach for nourishment.

yes the pink ones do smell very sweet.
i added one hydrangea today and it wilted so bad!! how sad is that?
sad_smile.gif

sad_smile.gif
seashanty said:
sad_smile.gif
Did you put the hydrangea in water? If so, don't. They will dry nicely if just put in a vase. They don't like being 'wet'.

The pink ones look like phlox to me also. The white flowers are queen anne's lace. The yellow ones look like lilies and the lavender one looks like a hosta bloom. Anyway, they look lovely. I am jealous, I planted bareroot Phlox this summer and they did not come up. They smell wonderful.
We have many flowers bloomimg here right now. Roses, Potentilla, Every color of poppy you can imagine. They really spread everywhere this year, but the poppies are beautiful, some of them look like peonies they are so full. I will try to post some of my husbands pictures of our gardens this year. We both have been working very hard on the gardens this summer. We were asked to be on a garden tour August 3, so we did not want to embarass ourselves, good incentive to get moving outside.
Adabweeks

Back