Flying for the Holiday???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I found this to be quite funny..One of my nightmares when flying for sure. Oh yeah..remove the kid at 50,000 feet...come on!!!

Oh yeah..remove the kid at 50,000 feet...
I have known a few that make this such a lovely thought!

Funny how it is always "a kid" like it is just one out of control brat. But if you knew my sister and her brood/mob you would say land this plane now! She says "everyone knows how kids are" NO, WE DON'T! Our kids behave...or face the consequences...it is called parenting...a new idea, I know, to many who rear children these days.
"What? You refuse to eat your dinner of pizza, hotdogs and mac n cheese? Okay, then here eat this ice cream to shut you up" such a tough mom.

Funny how it is always "a kid" like it is just one out of control brat. But if you knew my sister and her brood/mob you would say land this plane now! She says "everyone knows how kids are" NO, WE DON'T! Our kids behave...or face the consequences...it is called parenting...a new idea, I know, to many who rear children these days.
"What? You refuse to eat your dinner of pizza, hotdogs and mac n cheese? Okay, then here eat this ice cream to shut you up" such a tough mom..
Have you noticed how many of those who are anti-discipline children (as in a "get there attention" pop on the butt) are the first ones to criticize unruly kids? When I see a parent with a kid on a "leader" or actually trying to discipline their kid, I take the time to stop and tell them how refreshing to see a parent being a parent to their children and giving the kids a gift of structure.

My granddaughter cried for the entire 8 hour drive from her house to mine. 3 hours into it, her father pulled off the highway and said he couldn't stand it any longer, the family was stopping for the night. She picked right up the next day and cried for the next 5 hours.

Last January's flight from Vancouver to London had a baby who cried for 8 or the 10 hours. I felt sorry for the parents but for us it was total misery. It made me think that I need to buy more lottery tickets so I can fly business or first class.

Back