Food For Thought, But Not Much Else

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I am so hungry right now that a few of those looked good.....
tounge_smile.gif
When in Savannah I did have a breakfast BLT sandwich with a fried egg in it, quite good!

SweetiePie

Reaction score
Most of these involve bacon in some form or another, but the Elvis donut really did sound good to me.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the post...I am no longer hungry for dinner!!! Maybe I should save this and view it everyday for my new diet...

JBloggs

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was a NEXT button...I somewhat drooled, then got grossed out and then drooled. Some of them actually look good when you are hungry! I didn't see an elvis donut, still looking tho...this one was a picture worth a thousand words:
i2dw5nf19kpxc3rst7fmgc2Ao1_500.jpg

JBloggs

Reaction score
and THIS ONE is a breakfast food! I used to have these at an elite fine dining restaurant on a small island with yachts on the slips - where I worked in high school - it was on their brunch menu and super popular in fact I believe this is what Jerry Lewis ordered one time - Monte Cristo (Minus the fries)
i2dw5nf19ju0nsb89ud7dK7po1_500.jpg
Monte Cristo
Deep fried ham, turkey american and swiss cheese sandwich with rasberry preserves and topped with powdered sugar.
(submitted by Alex via bennigans)

JBloggs

Reaction score
I dare anyone to make this!
I double dare you!!
Chicken Fried Steak Omelet

Egg omelet filled with hash browns, shredded cheddar cheese, chunks of chicken-fried steak, and smothered in sausage gravy.
i2dw5nf19ku6uvvnTG79vyu4o1_500.jpg

SweetiePie

Reaction score
and THIS ONE is a breakfast food! I used to have these at an elite fine dining restaurant on a small island with yachts on the slips - where I worked in high school - it was on their brunch menu and super popular in fact I believe this is what Jerry Lewis ordered one time - Monte Cristo (Minus the fries)
i2dw5nf19ju0nsb89ud7dK7po1_500.jpg
Monte Cristo
Deep fried ham, turkey american and swiss cheese sandwich with rasberry preserves and topped with powdered sugar.
(submitted by Alex via bennigans)
I love the Monte Cristo and used to order it before our Bennigans closed. As I recall the Elvis donut has peanut butter icing topped with sliced banannas and bacon bits.

happyjacks

Reaction score
I double dare you!!

Egg omelet filled with hash browns, shredded cheddar cheese, chunks of chicken-fried steak, and smothered in sausage gravy.
Joe Bloggs said:
I double dare you!!

Okay, I've heard the term "sausage gravy" on here many times, but now that I've seen it in a photo I have to ask -- what the heck is it? and why is it white??
(I'm not even going to ask what manner of beast is "chicken-fried steak")

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I double dare you!!

Joe Bloggs said:
I double dare you!!

Okay, I've heard the term "sausage gravy" on here many times, but now that I've seen it in a photo I have to ask -- what the heck is it? and why is it white??
happyjacks said:
Joe Bloggs said:
I double dare you!!
[COLOR= rgb(68,68,68)]Egg omelet filled with hash browns, shredded cheddar cheese, chunks of chicken-fried steak, and smothered in sausage gravy.[/COLOR]
Sausage gravy is made with sausage drippings and bits of sausage, and milk is the reason it's white. I never touch the stuff since I don't like sausage!
barf.gif
But people who like sausage love the stuff.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I double dare you!!

Joe Bloggs said:
I double dare you!!

[/quote]
[/quote]
By the way, Chicken fried steak (or country fried steak) is not chicken at all....it's usually like a piece of chopped/tenderized beef. Quite tasty if I must say, and I'm not a big meat eater at all!

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
I double dare you!!

Joe Bloggs said:
I double dare you!!

I think it is basically a white sauce made with browned ground sausage and used as gravy. Chicken-fried steak is either cube steak or regular steak tenderized and breaded and fried and served with chucken gravy.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I double dare you!!

You all need to watch the Food Networks'- Diners, Drive Ins and Dives....you will see similar and more to these on that show!!! That Guy Fieri really packs it in. I don't know how he isn't a big as a barn by now!

Samster

Reaction score
I double dare you!!

I think there's a restaurant here that DOES make that. I call it "Heart Attack on a Plate for Breakfast"!!!