For all Wine Lovers - Please Help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
Hi All,
If any of you enjoy a wine club or ordering wine online, I would appreciate it if you would take the time out to go to the "Save the Grape" link below and register your opposition to the current attempt of the distributors to take control over and stopping the shipping of wine online. It was a long hard battle with lots of money spent to give us this right that the distributors are trying to take away - to "protect" us.

HR 5034, the resolution is a bill being promoted by the National Beer Wholesalers of America. At this time is is being supported by 22 members of the House of Representatives.
They are trying to restrict the federal government’s ability to determine alcohol shipping policy. They want total control over the shipping and sale of wine in the USA. What is interesting is that Anheuser-Bush is not supporting this!
Their goal is to prohibit direct shipping from wineries to consumers.
This will result in no ordering wine online. No more ordering wine directly from any wineries. You will only be able to purchase wine sold in stores.
Their “argument” is that we consumers need “protection”.
You can help stop this by going to the link below on “Free the Grapes” where they have a form set up so that you can email your own representatives to tell them not to support this!
Don’t let them take us backwards! It was a hard fight to allow consumers to order wine online!! This form takes a minute to fill out and send!
http://www.capwiz.com/freegrapes/issues/alert/?alertid=14948676
Thank you,

Erika

Kathleen,
The feeling is that this bill will not see the light of day. But I am concerned as is the industry, that we need to hit them hard and fast to ensure it does not pass. If we become complacent then something will sneak by.
Thank you for your support. My whole business depends on a reasonable view of the wine industry.
Riki

gillumhouse said:
Edited to add - Riki, I hope this helps. I cannot say what I really want to...
Oh, but you've said plenty. You've managed to insert your feelings about Hilary, the healthcare bill, and mining in a response to a post about a wine distribution bill. Hopefully everyone else understands that just because you post this, it doesn't open the debate on all those items.

gillumhouse said:
Oh, but you've said plenty. You've managed to insert your feelings about Hilary, the healthcare bill, and mining in a response to a post about a wine distribution bill. Hopefully everyone else understands that just because you post this, it doesn't open the debate on all those items..
Yes I agree, we need to keep this forum a "political free" zone :)

gillumhouse said:
Oh, but you've said plenty. You've managed to insert your feelings about Hilary, the healthcare bill, and mining in a response to a post about a wine distribution bill. Hopefully everyone else understands that just because you post this, it doesn't open the debate on all those items..
I agree. I am tired of people trying to insert their personal political opinions on an innkeeping forum. There are plenty of other places out there to vent that kind of stuff.

I personalized mine to the
potty-mouth.gif
that represent us - supposedly anyway. This went before the I am an adult.....
Excuse me. I forgot it is a sin to tell someone what you wrote - unless one is of a certain bent. I am not going to apologize for telling Riki what I wrote - but to appease all who object - removed!

Kathleen,
The feeling is that this bill will not see the light of day. But I am concerned as is the industry, that we need to hit them hard and fast to ensure it does not pass. If we become complacent then something will sneak by.
Thank you for your support. My whole business depends on a reasonable view of the wine industry.
Riki.
Riki,
You have my whole-hearted support. One industry at a time is disappearing from the face of the Earth. The wine industry and its survival is TOTALLY important to my business and to my State.

I personalized mine to the
potty-mouth.gif
that represent us - supposedly anyway. This went before the I am an adult.....
Excuse me. I forgot it is a sin to tell someone what you wrote - unless one is of a certain bent. I am not going to apologize for telling Riki what I wrote - but to appease all who object - removed!
Edited to add - Riki, I hope this helps. I cannot say what I really want to....
Excuse me. I forgot it is a sin to tell someone what you wrote - unless one is of a certain bent.
Hi Kathleen, It's not a sin, that's for religion to deal with, not this forum. It is not about being of one bent or another. It is simply that politics of either bent don't belong on this forum.
This comes directly from the terms and conditions of this site.
Due to the nature of this forum being a welcoming place for all innkeepers, we do ask that you refrain from discussions related to politics and theology unless they relate to innkeeping. These topics don't tend to end well when discussed on forums so I ask that you avoid them.
It really is as simple as that. You are not being persecuted. You are simply being asked to follow the rules like everyone else.

Back