For anyone who understands SEO and Bounce Rate

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
We've made a few tweaks to our website here and there and continue to trade links with goods and services that compliment our style of B&B. According to Google Analytics, our page visits have increased by 75%. Good, right? However, I also noticed that our "bounce rate" has gone from an average of 13% to 21%. Would you say this is normal with the increase in traffic from referal sources?
Do I need to be concerned with the increased bounce or should I just be happy that my visitation numbers are way up. How would I go about lowering the bounce rate again?

That is an amazing bounce rate. I would not be upset with it. But yes as you reach out to more traffic sources, it tends to give a worse bounce rate.

It's still a fabulous bounce rate. Don't worry about it. Also, the more links you have on your site (resources), the more hits you'll receive...and the more requests for them to add their link to your site. Lots of link farms, too.
thumbs_down.gif

According to Google Analytics bounce rate is “the percentage of single-page visits (i.e. visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page). Bounce Rate is a measure of visit quality and a high Bounce Rate generally indicates that site entrance (landing) pages aren’t relevant to your visitors."
As Todd said this is a great bounce rate and you have nothing to worry about. As you increase traffic from search engines your bounce rate will usually increase because you'll start to rank for search terms that are less relevant to your content. These people will leave because your website isn't what they're looking for, don't worry about them.
If you really want to dig deeper look at the bounce rates of specific search terms. Only worry about search terms you want to target, like "texas bed and breakfast". You can try to improve these bounce rates by improving your landing pages (usually your home page) to encourage more of these visitors to explore your website further. If they're all really low then you have nothing to worry about.

Just show me the money! That is what I want. Conversion rates baybeeee

And can't a bounce rate go up when people go back to your website quickly for a phone number or something like that? Maybe they have already booked and go back to print out driving directions etc.
RIki

Back