For once I am glad to be empty

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
Sunday, no guests, winter quiet, sound like a frieght train coming down river: sudden wind rips awnings, bends flag pole, knocks out power for 23 hours. Emergency lighting, one fireplace, just the amount of water in the pressure tank. Generator works but not for whole house so no hot water. Not sure what we would have done with a full house. It rapidly gets past the "romantic candle light adventure" to "its freezing and I need a shower". Never had it out more than 4 hours before. Will need to draw some contingency plans.

Oh golly. Yes, I know what you mean. We had to call guests and tell them we had no power and no idea when it would be back on. They still wanted to come. In the winter. I had to explain that no electricity means no heat. No hot water. No breakfast. No COFFEE. They still wanted to come. Finally had to just say no, we can't have you here under those conditions, here is a place that can take you.
It's hard enough going thru all of that without having guests to worry about. And, yes, romantic it ain't after a few hours!

Back