For PT: How Dry is it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
PT, I got this just now and had to share it with you as I think you will appreciate it.
It's so dry in Texas that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling,
the Methodists are using wet-wipes,
the Presbyterians are giving out rain-checks,
and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water.
Now THAT'S DRY!

Cute. We actually got 3.5 inches of rain in about 4 hours last weekend. I'm still repairing flood damage.

That is cute GH!
It has been dry here too (S. LA) until the last part of July, now it seems we are back to our normal mid afternoon thunderstrom. We had about 1/2 inch in about 30 minutes yesterday....It was coming down in sheets. Glad for the rain though our grass is finally coming back to life!

That is cute GH!
It has been dry here too (S. LA) until the last part of July, now it seems we are back to our normal mid afternoon thunderstrom. We had about 1/2 inch in about 30 minutes yesterday....It was coming down in sheets. Glad for the rain though our grass is finally coming back to life!.
Copperhead said:
That is cute GH!
It has been dry here too (S. LA) until the last part of July, now it seems we are back to our normal mid afternoon thunderstrom. We had about 1/2 inch in about 30 minutes yesterday....It was coming down in sheets. Glad for the rain though our grass is finally coming back to life!
I hear that! Our property is one long rectangle that is bisected by a large, deep creek. Everything is on a slop, which, in the beginning, made for some interesting building challenges. With drought the last two consecutive years, much of the native grass had died out leaving us with a bit of a dust bowl and creating something of an erosion problem. Thanks to a unusually rainy July, we now have new grass popping up all over. It's great!

That is cute GH!
It has been dry here too (S. LA) until the last part of July, now it seems we are back to our normal mid afternoon thunderstrom. We had about 1/2 inch in about 30 minutes yesterday....It was coming down in sheets. Glad for the rain though our grass is finally coming back to life!.
Copperhead said:
That is cute GH!
I hear that! Our property is one long rectangle that is bisected by a large, deep creek. Everything is on a slop, which, in the beginning, made for some interesting building challenges. With drought the last two consecutive years, much of the native grass had died out leaving us with a bit of a dust bowl and creating something of an erosion problem. Thanks to a unusually rainy July, we now have new grass popping up all over. It's great!
Proud Texan said:
Everything is on a slop, which, in the beginning, made for some interesting building challenges.
Did you say you were going ot offer pig hunts there?
smileystooges.gif

That is cute GH!
Copperhead said:
That is cute GH!
Proud Texan said:
Everything is on a slop, which, in the beginning, made for some interesting building challenges.
smileystooges.gif

Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif
Oopsy! I meant SLOPE.

That is cute GH!
Copperhead said:
That is cute GH!
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif

Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif
Oopsy! I meant SLOPE.
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif
Oopsy! I meant SLOPE.
hahahahahahaha....this from the guy who keeps telling us about his attention to detail! DOH!!! <wink>

That is cute GH!
Copperhead said:
That is cute GH!
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif

Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif
Oopsy! I meant SLOPE.
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif
Oopsy! I meant SLOPE.
hahahahahahaha....this from the guy who keeps telling us about his attention to detail! DOH!!! <wink>
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
smileystooges.gif
Oopsy! I meant SLOPE.
Actually, before the grass started growing the red clay made it a bit of a slop when it rained.

Pouring here again...or just finished. Our checkouts (two nice girls), went out to the car and have a flat tire. D. is out there in the mud jacking up their car to change the tire for them.
Now I notice that all the guests are out there standing around their car, and a Mr. Guest is helping him with it. Now if that doesn't call for a nice review, what does???
whattha.gif

Back