For the Pancake Challenged

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out just today as I did "the routine" another day with the pecan pancakes, this was the guest's all time favorite and clued me in on one of the reasons cracker barrel has such a following, he said that he and everyone he knows stops on every trip at a cracker barrel for their pecan pancakes! NOW I KNOW! I have made them five days in a row, I kid you not, all one nighters and each and everyone loved them and ate every drop. I said "So it is not for the cheesy potatoes?" He said firmly, "Oh no, the pecan pancakes!"
I am not fond of bananas in pancakes, I have put them on top before with a sprinkle of cinnamon and icing sugar..
Is it just pecans in the pancake batter or something more to it? I would not go out of my way (not that Cracker Barrel is EVER out of the way) to go to Cracker Barrel for pancakes. They are flat as, oh sorry, they are flat as a pancake. No flavor at all.

Wet ingredients/dry ingredients....that's absolutely correct. That's the proper way to make muffins, too. Remember, sugar is considered a wet ingredient.

I concur completely with all the pancake tips... especially about not being too large, and waiting for the bubbles to appear.
I make chocolate chip pancakes from scratch using a recipe I found online (although I don't measure the chips...). The trick to those is to use the mini chocolate chips, not the full sized ones. Like blueberries, the pancakes are "whiter" if you sprinkle the chips on the pancake while it's on the grill, but I like them really down in there so I just stir them in.
The trick to not having blue muffins is to reserve some of the flour while you're mixing the batter. Toss your blueberries into the reserved flour to coat them. Then add them last, folding and tossing gently until just mixed, then pour immediately into the muffin cups.
=)
Kk.

I concur completely with all the pancake tips... especially about not being too large, and waiting for the bubbles to appear.
I make chocolate chip pancakes from scratch using a recipe I found online (although I don't measure the chips...). The trick to those is to use the mini chocolate chips, not the full sized ones. Like blueberries, the pancakes are "whiter" if you sprinkle the chips on the pancake while it's on the grill, but I like them really down in there so I just stir them in.
The trick to not having blue muffins is to reserve some of the flour while you're mixing the batter. Toss your blueberries into the reserved flour to coat them. Then add them last, folding and tossing gently until just mixed, then pour immediately into the muffin cups.
=)
Kk..
Aha! I've never heard that! I am going to give it a try. Thanks!

Back