For those who hate weeding

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colleen848

Reaction score
I don't if any of you have tried the Fiskars uproot lawn and garden weeder yet.
I just ordered one from Amazon (I got the 7870) for less than $30.00 and received it today What a Godsend! I tried it out today and within minutes I had filled a trash bag with weeds, dandelions root and all without even having to lean over.
My only complaint has nothing to do with the product but rather my 5 month old Weimaranar named Cujo who thought it was great fun to grab the weeds out of the bag and run around shaking them. Oh well, he got out all the good top soil that was left on the roots out. lol
I spent more money than I care to admit having my yard landscaped (it's well over an acre). Last year I put down the preen, used Round-up 6 hr. and spent weeks using a shovel and hand weeding to get the roots out only those pesky buggers come back.
I am not in the best condition having bi-lateral carpal tunnel, need of a right thumb arthoplasty and 2 back surgeries, the last being a fusion. But this Fiskars made weeding a piece of cake. Actually kind of fun except for yelling at the dog.
If you are interested Amazon has a demonstration video that shows how to use it and how it just ejects the weed out with a slide of the handle. There are several models to choose from. It's also recommended by the arthritis foundation.
Just an FYI

nice one! top points to the chap or chapess with the patent!

that is a really cool gadget! I'm thinking that I must have one! I too have bilateral carpal tunnel and severe lower back pain, so just watching this video I can see how much better this would be than on my knees leaning on one hand and yanking weeds with the other. Thanks for sharing!!!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030MIHAU/ref=asc_df_B0030MIHAU1963163?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0030MIHAU&hvpos=none&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1164439645112126352&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

I just ordered mine too. I'm very excited about this product!

Me too. Knees do not like getting down and getting up requires a block & tackle.

OK, mine just arrived. It's mostly heavy-duty plastic, but assuming it holds up OK, it's great!
We'd just had the lawn mowed, so I had to go to the vacant lot nextdoor to try it out on some weeds. I mostly used it to remove wild onions but it worked equally well on everything. Unbelievably easy, fun, and worked flawlessly just as it did in the video. It makes hunting for weeds to pull more fun that hunting easter eggs!

Colleen consider moving this topic to the heading IN THE YARD...might be better if someone tries to find it later on.

OK, mine just arrived. It's mostly heavy-duty plastic, but assuming it holds up OK, it's great!
We'd just had the lawn mowed, so I had to go to the vacant lot nextdoor to try it out on some weeds. I mostly used it to remove wild onions but it worked equally well on everything. Unbelievably easy, fun, and worked flawlessly just as it did in the video. It makes hunting for weeds to pull more fun that hunting easter eggs!.
Yes but with a 25 yr. warranty or lifetime, depending on the one you chose, I can live with it!
Besides, by then I don't think I'll be weeding anyways.
It is alot of fun though.

We'd just had the lawn mowed, so I had to go to the vacant lot nextdoor to try it out on some weeds. I mostly used it to remove wild onions but it worked equally well on everything. Unbelievably easy, fun, and worked flawlessly just as it did in the video. It makes hunting for weeds to pull more fun that hunting easter eggs!.
Mine is scheduled to arrive Friday - so I will have to wait until next week to play with it.

Colleen consider moving this topic to the heading IN THE YARD...might be better if someone tries to find it later on..
Noted and moved Thank you.
Actually I had thought about that but wasn't quite sure under the category if it was actually where it should go.
Played around with mine the day it arrived and can't wait to go out and get those little buggers again. But, I'm stuck inside with paperwork up to my ears and by the time I'll be done the snow will be flying again.
It really is fun to get them out root and all. Then again, I like vacuuming listening to and seeing all that stuff suck up.
Now if it would be as fun to put the laundry and groceries away. Better yet, pay the bills! lol

Cute toy.
What about weeds that are not a tap root ?.
When I was out playing with it the day I received it I was able to get the root of most anything out such as over grown grass, etc. The reveiws said it worked on crabgrass so I tried it on that also and it seemed to work quite well. Just not in one clean sweep like a dandelion with the tap root.
Hope that answers your question.

Back