For those who offer iced tea/lemonade

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
We were at Costco last week and they had a pretty decorative glass dispenser for cold drinks (there's probably a word for it and I don't know what it is, but the whole thing sat on legs and had a spout/dispenser so you could serve yourself. I think it would be easy to set this up along with our self serve coffee/tea area. My questions is, does this stuff get consumed, and how much of a pain is it to keep it full? I'm wondering how much ice we would go through to keep it cold as I don't think it was insulated at all.

We did iced tea over the summer. It sat there. I had lemon slices out and the sugar is all right there to sweeten it up. It was right with the hot tea things, but no one drank it. I also did iced coffee a few times when the coffee pot was full after brekkie. Same thing.
Maybe lemonade would be different.
I know exactly what you mean with the dispensers. Maybe a dispenser would make a difference, too. I just had it in a clear pitcher.

we always have a pitchers of iced tea/lemonade out in the summer. they most definately get drank & then some! we keep them in the guest fridge in the dining room so they are always cold. when the guest fridge is full with guests things, we have the reusable ice cubes to utilize. that way they don't dilute the pitchers of drink. they are always plenty extra in our big fridge to swap out when the others thaw. wash off the thawed cubes & throw them back in the freezer.

we always have a pitchers of iced tea/lemonade out in the summer. they most definately get drank & then some! we keep them in the guest fridge in the dining room so they are always cold. when the guest fridge is full with guests things, we have the reusable ice cubes to utilize. that way they don't dilute the pitchers of drink. they are always plenty extra in our big fridge to swap out when the others thaw. wash off the thawed cubes & throw them back in the freezer..
Cool, I don't think I've ever heard of/seen reusable ice cubes...where did you get them?

they are relatively inexpensive.i actually don't remember where i got these ones i have. i've had them for a couple years. mine are shaped like pink flamingoes (pink flamingos are a huge deal where i live)
heres some - http://tiny.cc/F3zbN

I have seen those at Costco. I have seen them used in spas. They put water and lemon, lime and orange slices and sometimes mint in them along with ice. It works good because when the ice melts you can just add more ice - you can't water down water! And water and ice are pretty cheap. Maybe you could make a large ice cube with the fruit infused then put it in there.
You can put out cups or let guests fill up thier bottles.

When I travel I try to limit my fluid intake or we will be stopping too often, I would really appreciate a cold drink at check in and after to replenish.
Our guests drink the iced tea and chilled cooler water and sodas here. I have canned lemonade with the soda selection and other non-carbonated drinks in the guest fridge.
I won't put out a pitcher unless we have 3 or more rooms. Otherwise the mother murphy's law kicks in and they will all get here late and it will just sit there. I put a little tent card that says "Help Yourself" in front of it.

I think it would get consumed, it gets very hot and humid here. We do have a water cooler and that gets used. I will wait to implement it until next summer I think but I can pick up the dispenser now.

the water cooler here DEFINATELY gets used. we have it because we don't think ou town water tastes all that great. it's not really all that expensive either and its another amenity for the guests.

Back