Forget the cooking and decorating...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that and I agree, it is a good article!.
It is to the point, and helpful to those that might not realize that owning a business, any business that is run out of your home requires boundaries.
I have a terrible habit of not being good and setting personal limits. I sometimes am so committed to the customer satisfaction aspect of it that I forget to take care of my own needs, makes for an unhappy camper at the end of the week.

Its also important to be able to say NO - but necessarily in that way ie I am sorry we cannot do XYZ but would YPN be a suitable alternative?
Not to let people push you into things you know are going to be a nightmare ie parties with 10 kids, weddings etc

Its also important to be able to say NO - but necessarily in that way ie I am sorry we cannot do XYZ but would YPN be a suitable alternative?
Not to let people push you into things you know are going to be a nightmare ie parties with 10 kids, weddings etc.
I had a call on Monday for an 'event' on Friday (tomorrow). Caller wanted to know if we could host a 'small wedding for 50 guests'. I'm not sure a restaurant could pull off a wedding for 50 guests in 4 days! I'm all for spontaneity, but holy cow!

Back