Forum Chat Window

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbz

Reaction score
Is it possible to have some sort of chat window on this forum <Inbuilt or pop-out>?
Just for general chatting while on this site or for quick thoughts & keeping the forums for regular posts/broad opinion?
Didn't know where else to post this query.

Good question Viper.
Chat systems are pretty resource intensive and are not something I have plans for adding to this site. This site doesn't really pay the bills for the resources it is already using, so the idea of adding a bigger drain makes my head hurt. ;)

Good question Viper.
Chat systems are pretty resource intensive and are not something I have plans for adding to this site. This site doesn't really pay the bills for the resources it is already using, so the idea of adding a bigger drain makes my head hurt. ;).
I hate to put up x number of new topics & posts for my queries, so i pondered over that chat window thingie

Not everyone is on the same time zone here, adding new topics as new threads is a good thing! Then people come here when they can, read, comment, participate, it works well!

You are new so probably don't know that Swirt maintains this fourm with no payment at all. So anything more complicated such as a chat window would not be something he would have time to do unless he was paid for his time which would be expensive!
RIki

Good question Viper.
Chat systems are pretty resource intensive and are not something I have plans for adding to this site. This site doesn't really pay the bills for the resources it is already using, so the idea of adding a bigger drain makes my head hurt. ;).
I hate to put up x number of new topics & posts for my queries, so i pondered over that chat window thingie
Post as many topics as you like. We do. When we have something to say - we post.

Good question Viper.
Did you ever consider a small membership fee to at least cover your costs? Or just a donation site via Paypal? You deserve more than just our thanks for keeping this baby up and running!

a small membership fee might weed out the wackos. But not easy to coordinate.

Good question Viper.
swirt said:
Good question Viper.
Chat systems are pretty resource intensive and are not something I have plans for adding to this site. This site doesn't really pay the bills for the resources it is already using, so the idea of adding a bigger drain makes my head hurt. ;)
contributions? is there a link to contribute to the site hosting via paypal ? goodness knows i've got so much valuable (PRICELESS) help here, i'd be happy to contribute a bit. if many of us contribute a bit, you wouldn't be shouldering the expense alone.
heart.gif

also ... i have to reply to someone or quote someone in order to post now, so my responses are often in weird places... at least to my eyes.

I saw a donation button on a blog entitled, "Tip Jar." I think that would me a nice addition on the side bar.
=)
Kk.

I saw a donation button on a blog entitled, "Tip Jar." I think that would me a nice addition on the side bar.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Yeah it is a widget you can add to your blog. If you are so bold to do it, wonder what would happen?

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Yeah it is a widget you can add to your blog. If you are so bold to do it, wonder what would happen?
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
If I added a 'tip jar' to my blog I'd get comments like 'don't quit your day job.' ;)

Membership fee would cut our use significantly. I want this site to be free for all to access.
Donations.... I'd rather people donate to the Red Cross or some of the other agencies whose Public Service ads I place on here free of charge.
The other ads should carry the cost of the site, but the trouble is there is so much good content on here, that most of us are blind to the ads and so they do not get followed often. ... so sparse income from that.
I'm fine with the site the way it is, it just means I will shy away from things that make it more resource intensive. I like to encourage the sharing in the forum so everyone can see it. With Chat, only those on at the time get any benefit from it.

Membership fee would cut our use significantly. I want this site to be free for all to access.
Donations.... I'd rather people donate to the Red Cross or some of the other agencies whose Public Service ads I place on here free of charge.
The other ads should carry the cost of the site, but the trouble is there is so much good content on here, that most of us are blind to the ads and so they do not get followed often. ... so sparse income from that.
I'm fine with the site the way it is, it just means I will shy away from things that make it more resource intensive. I like to encourage the sharing in the forum so everyone can see it. With Chat, only those on at the time get any benefit from it..
Swift, you are a true prince.

Long and short you get revenue when we follow adds? everyone - take some time now and again to follow some adds? would that work?

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
If I added a 'tip jar' to my blog I'd get comments like 'don't quit your day job.' ;)
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
I was going to say "Don't play with matches!"

Good question Viper.
Post as many topics as you like. We do. When we have something to say - we post.
I was flabbergasted, didn't have time or the nerve to post what i saw so thought of chat window for instant advice

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Don't bet on the Red Sox ;)

Long and short you get revenue when we follow adds? everyone - take some time now and again to follow some adds? would that work?.
Long and short you get revenue when we follow adds? everyone - take some time now and again to follow some adds? would that work?
Due to restrictions in the ad campaign I can't say that.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

However, in general I can say that if you click on ads from Google, a bit of money goes either to me, or to the person that wrote the original topic post if they have their google adsense ID entered in their profile. (See the FAQs under How Do Google and Amazon Ads work for me)
If the ads are image based ads (amazon and the others) then income is only produced if you actually buy something.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Penelope said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
My dad's favorite: Don't bet at the races.

Back