Forum fields not cooperating

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Just wondering if I am the only one who is using Chrome and is having difficulty with fields being inaccessable and then having to hit save for them to allow access? Sometimes preview and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Sorry Steve if I haven't mentioned I just keep plugging along, but it is OFTEN this is happening.
ie open a new thread, put in subject, then cannot ctrl V anything into the body, or even type anything in, I have to hit save, sometimes twice or three times before it allows the window to be used, I know it won't close it as it says you need to add something to the body, so I keep trying.
When I try to quote someone or reply to it either doesn't work, ie I can't get the window open to add the info or it takes a few tries. I am sorry to everyone if I am adding things incorrectly lately, I seem to have these config issues, might be chrome, but I have run updates on Chrome.

Internet Explorer 8 here.Zero problems. So yes, it may just be a Chrome problem.

Yes, I have to hit refresh in order to be able to type in the boxes, most of the time when using Chrome.
BBBBob

The thing with me is I have chrome with all my most used website on the home page and a ton of other features I can't live without now.
I have other stuff set up in IE and Firefox that I access frequently and I really love chrome now. I think it is an issue with chrome, it seems to typically be. boo hoo

Chrome is a little odd once in a while. The only thing I have noticed with it on this forum is that sometimes the wysiwyg editor does not load reliably. Every once in a while the editor won't come up. A refresh usually fixes it.
My guess is that it has to do with whether Chrome pre-fetched the javascript file or not. Chrome does some non-standard stuff but in this case since it is not a reliable repeatable behavior it is almost impossble for me to troubleshoot. It's like chasing a phantom. You start looking for it and it does'nt happen. You forget about it and it happens, only to disappear again while I am looking for it.

Chrome is a little odd once in a while. The only thing I have noticed with it on this forum is that sometimes the wysiwyg editor does not load reliably. Every once in a while the editor won't come up. A refresh usually fixes it.
My guess is that it has to do with whether Chrome pre-fetched the javascript file or not. Chrome does some non-standard stuff but in this case since it is not a reliable repeatable behavior it is almost impossble for me to troubleshoot. It's like chasing a phantom. You start looking for it and it does'nt happen. You forget about it and it happens, only to disappear again while I am looking for it..
swirt said:
My guess is that it has to do with whether Chrome pre-fetched the javascript file or not. Chrome does some non-standard stuff but in this case since it is not a reliable repeatable behavior it is almost impossble for me to troubleshoot. It's like chasing a phantom. You start looking for it and it does'nt happen. You forget about it and it happens, only to disappear again while I am looking for it.
I'm drinking Cutty Sark tonight and, quite frankly, this just blew my mind.
Have mercy. Just use IE.

Back