Forum friendship 'pays off' in reservation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
For all those people who wander in here, think we're a bunch of shrikes, and wander back off again, I post this:
Got a call from a guest today who got our name from a forum buddy who I have never met. Guest was coming this way, I am here, innkeeper gave our name to guest.
Thank you!

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
innshrike!
shrikinn? shrikkinn?
i am feeling so shrikkinn today!!
devil_smile.gif

we have shrikes here to and they make a lot of loud noise and flap about a lot so you run away (I wish I could do that sometimes!) LOL I have tried to send a few people to Highland John when they have mentioned Scotland or Loch Ness as His place looks fab and has lots of awards. Tyring to twist DH's arm to go and stay.

I would be happy to refer people. Unfortunately, most of you are anonymous. It would be nice if we could create a voluntary registry for all of us where we are all sorted out geographically.
Swirt, would something like this be possible?

Congrats. I have told several about several of the ones I know who is. May it pay off for all who got referred by Forum-mates.

I tell any guest who is enroute to any of your areas, or any guest who mentions any of your areas in the conversation. I even give out rack cards on occasion and email your links.

Ususally discussions of 'next trip' are over the breakfast table. Then I come in and write down innmate's info on my letterhead, sometime it may be months - or for the following year, this puts the connection together so they remember who provided them the info.
And believe it or not, I have had locals call and ask me if I know a b&b in certain areas. Networking is a wonderful thing!

I have a friend who is planning a trip to D.C. in the fall. Are any of you close or on the way from D.C to other historic places?

Ususally discussions of 'next trip' are over the breakfast table. Then I come in and write down innmate's info on my letterhead, sometime it may be months - or for the following year, this puts the connection together so they remember who provided them the info.
And believe it or not, I have had locals call and ask me if I know a b&b in certain areas. Networking is a wonderful thing!.
copperhead said:
And believe it or not, I have had locals call and ask me if I know a b&b in certain areas. Networking is a wonderful thing!
I write everything down on a biz card or a postcard so the guest knows where they got the info when they go to make the rez. I will say it's been mostly for places not on the forum who have never thanked me.

I have a friend who is planning a trip to D.C. in the fall. Are any of you close or on the way from D.C to other historic places?.
If traveling I-70 I am about an hour south of Washington, PA down I-79. If they have come through Kentucky, I am a bit of 6 miles west of I-79 right on the way. We are about 5 hours west of DC. There are at least 2 innmates within 50 miles of DC.
I would be honored to have your friends come visit. We have the covered bridge that was the site of the first land battle of the Civil War, the beginning of Mother's Day, scenery, and more (all they have to do is tell me what they want to see. I can also route the to DC via a few historic sites in PA that are NOT far out-of-the way going to DC - the home of the first Treasurer of the US Albert Galatin, Fort Necessity (it is considered the beginning of the French & Indian War), and 2 Frank Lloyd Wright designed houses.

I have a friend who is planning a trip to D.C. in the fall. Are any of you close or on the way from D.C to other historic places?.
I guess it depends on what direction she wants to travel. I assume they will be renting a car. How many days are they planning. Several people here are within an hour or 2 from D.C. They could be busy for weeks taking in all there is to see and do within that driving distance :)

We are about 2 hours away depending on if you are driving during rush hour out of DC. We have three president's homes, Monticello, Ashlawn-Highland and Montpelier and lots of wineries. But our weekends are booking already out to November. During the week we have availability
Riki

I would be happy to refer people. Unfortunately, most of you are anonymous. It would be nice if we could create a voluntary registry for all of us where we are all sorted out geographically.
Swirt, would something like this be possible?.
Could we have a list and remain anonymous? I would love to know where people are too, but appreciate that if I have a gripe or had an issue, it is not known which inn had "the issue".
I was concerned when Mort posted that someone showed up at her inn and knew about things she posted here. I immediately changed my username.

Back