Forum Innmates Book Club

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
So as we know, innkeepers are different, we think outside the box. Instead of us all joining a book club and reading the same book at the same time, well...you know...schedules and all that...it is more fun to buy ONE book re innkeeping and spread the love around!
I know of two books that would fun to read and post on to the next innmate:
  1. The first is Bachelor Brothers Bed and Breakfast - please read the synopsis and reviews below, it looks quite cute! http://www.amazon.com/Bachelor-Brothers-Breakfast-Bill-Richardson/dp/0312171838/ref=pd_sim_b_1
  2. The second is The Wednesday Letters - about a couple who are innkeepers and their life. http://www.amazon.com/Wednesday-Letters-Jason-F-Wright/dp/0425223477/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280445106&sr=1-1
If this is of interest to you please let us know on this thread. If you know of any other B&B or innkeeping novels, please post them here as well.

And...if anyone has a book they know pertains to an Inn or B&B, feel free to suggest and we can get it started. I have one set in Michigan and one of the characters works at the inn, but only a few scenes are set at the inn itself. Not sure if that is a stretch or not...maybe toward the end of the line I can send out that one?

And...if anyone has a book they know pertains to an Inn or B&B, feel free to suggest and we can get it started. I have one set in Michigan and one of the characters works at the inn, but only a few scenes are set at the inn itself. Not sure if that is a stretch or not...maybe toward the end of the line I can send out that one?.
There are the Gray Whale Inn mysteries. The author, Karen MacInerney, used to be on the old forum.

There are a couple of mysteries series with innkeeper detectives. I will have to look them up to tell you. Mary Dahiem I think is one author.

I've been lurking for the past couple of months as we work on getting our inn up and running. As an avid reader, this book club idea made me take the plunge and join. I think it sounds like great fun!

Welcome Horse Feathers! Cool name.
welcome.gif

I am SO eyeing up the new $139 Kindle...they just keep dropping the price and tempting me and tempting me...

I am SO eyeing up the new $139 Kindle...they just keep dropping the price and tempting me and tempting me....
Yeah, but that I pad looks so much more appealing and does more..though still not quite what I want.

My older sister was given a Kindle when a friend got the ipad. I believe Kindles may be the 8-track or VHS of our day. Hard to believe... Jeez if we wait a month something new replaces it. Anywho she flew across from the PacNw and loved the kindle for the trip both ways.

I am SO eyeing up the new $139 Kindle...they just keep dropping the price and tempting me and tempting me....
Yeah, but that I pad looks so much more appealing and does more..though still not quite what I want.
I know I would crack that glass cover on the ipad within 10 minutes of having it. I've been lucky this summer, I had guests who had everything from ipads to sony readers to kindles so I got to play with them all. Since I already have a Mac book pro which is very portable, I want strictly an ereader so I think it's going to be the Kindle. My excuse to not get one was the price but now they're taking that away!

I know I would crack that glass cover on the ipad within 10 minutes of having it. I've been lucky this summer, I had guests who had everything from ipads to sony readers to kindles so I got to play with them all. Since I already have a Mac book pro which is very portable, I want strictly an ereader so I think it's going to be the Kindle. My excuse to not get one was the price but now they're taking that away!
A guest here this week could have set up a sideline in the dining room and sold them! She had everyone convinced it was the best thing since sliced bread.

DH gifted this book to me from our local used book store: The Inn and Us by Anne Edwards and Stephen Citron. Written in 1976 it gives the brief history of the Orpheus Inn and adventure that the authors took in innkeepering and restaurant business.

This is really cool. Thank you everyone, keep em coming. Now as for the one we pick, it doesn't need to be just one, as the list of recipients could be 20+ innmates. So they can be ships passing in the night, so to speak.
I am having fun seeing the different books available, and TinaC, yes we need to read yours! That would be especially fun!

Me, me. OK, as you know, I've written a few B&B mysteries & screenplays. Of the two books, I'd recommed Deadwaiter.
They are available on Ammy, B&N, Borders etc.
Either way, I love ya! ;)
med_orders1.jpg

Back