Forum?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever thought about adding a Forum to their website? I think it could be a really cool way for customers to ask questions about your property or town that you live in. Just a thought.

No. Do not want to keep up with spammers. How about a FB page? Twitter account? Blog?

It works well on face book, our visitor center has a page and I'm one of the ones who post things or answer questions. Come the think of it I think I've had some questions on my facebook page

I think you got the answer...FACEBOOK :) Why bother cluttering up your own site and trying to keep out spamming...You know what happens here and we have an "expert" to try and keep up with it.

Forums sound like a great thing ... set it and forget it, it will manage itself right? FALSE. It takes a lot of work all the way around. (spam, keeping activity up, security updates....)

Forums sound like a great thing ... set it and forget it, it will manage itself right? FALSE. It takes a lot of work all the way around. (spam, keeping activity up, security updates....).
swirt said:
Forums sound like a great thing ... set it and forget it, it will manage itself right? FALSE. It takes a lot of work all the way around. (spam, keeping activity up, security updates....)
Oooh, Bob listen to this one! The voice of experience! Swirt keeps our playground spam free and it ain't easy!

Bob said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever thought about adding a Forum to their website? I think it could be a really cool way for customers to ask questions about your property or town that you live in. Just a thought.
When I post to my blog, if I leave comments open, all I get are spammers leaving lots of links. I have now pretty much just posted and leave it at that. I have to approve a comment which is how I have kept most of the crap out, but they couch their span with nice reasonable comments leaving the links in their contact etc. My web site is a reflection on me and my inn. On this I am a Control-Brunehilda!

Forums sound like a great thing ... set it and forget it, it will manage itself right? FALSE. It takes a lot of work all the way around. (spam, keeping activity up, security updates....).
Dearest Swirt.
An often thought, but not often vocalized .... THANK YOU. I think I know how much you do for this site but I am also very sure that I have no idea how much you do for this site .... so .... THANK YOU.

Back