Four more days

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
How often you take the reservation and your PITA alert is going off? Well this how this story goes. We have a couple of locations. One of them is traditional B&B and the other self catering suites that come with kitchenettes. Our website is very specific what is included and provided at each property and when they book at self catering confirmation spells it out " no breakfast". Have this woman for 6 days - email after email before she arrived with lots of questions. Not sure she wants to extend her stay or not, may be her friend will come and visit her. Do we have room and how much - forgot to tell me for when. First morning calls me at 8:30 am - we are running here cooking breakfast - she went for a running and twisted her ankle - do we have elastic banged? May be my husband can drop everything and go to get one for her ( she is visiting her daughter in our area). Last night her wifi did not work- nobody else has a problem. Today -8:30 am I am cooking omelets she walks is ( she does not stay in this house) looking for a coffee. Hello Lady!!!!!! - you selected self catering location with no breakfast. Wanted to scream " coffee shop is across the street or make your own". But I just shut up and made her a cap. Four more days - what are the surprises waiting for me?
I think I will start " do not book" list.

I really hate when you can just see them coming. Then when you have them for a long stay. Some people just need to feel "special" or something. What a pain.

Just keep telling yourself "They stay, they pay, they GO AWAY"
RIki

You got that right-especially the go away, just not soon enough

I have only one lady who is a DO NOT BOOK! she has a life time ticket for the Yorkshire show which is a 3 day event that happens every year here. She only lives in Leeds (15 miles away) so don't know why she stays here anyway. Anyhow 2 years ago she made a booking with my mum and mum cocked up and she had to move rooms mid stay so last year when she turned up (she has a free buss pass so wizzed over from leeds to book in person) she booked for a single room with a private bathroom as that was the cheapest thing we do and haggled over the price and whinged about how she had to move and was a poor pensioner etc and I felt sorry for her. Turns out she has a second home at the sea side and all sorts! poor pensioner my arse you conned me! plus she would come down 5 mins before breakfast finished and eat cerial really slowly and then have cooked after so I couldn't get anything done. (everyone else goes about 8am she was starting her cerial 9.25) So I said she does not get a booking this year. However my mum and dad went to this event today and who were they sat next to on the ruddy shuttle bus!!!! and she whinged on and on about how she nearly fell down the 3 steps to the bathroom etc.

I have only one lady who is a DO NOT BOOK! she has a life time ticket for the Yorkshire show which is a 3 day event that happens every year here. She only lives in Leeds (15 miles away) so don't know why she stays here anyway. Anyhow 2 years ago she made a booking with my mum and mum cocked up and she had to move rooms mid stay so last year when she turned up (she has a free buss pass so wizzed over from leeds to book in person) she booked for a single room with a private bathroom as that was the cheapest thing we do and haggled over the price and whinged about how she had to move and was a poor pensioner etc and I felt sorry for her. Turns out she has a second home at the sea side and all sorts! poor pensioner my arse you conned me! plus she would come down 5 mins before breakfast finished and eat cerial really slowly and then have cooked after so I couldn't get anything done. (everyone else goes about 8am she was starting her cerial 9.25) So I said she does not get a booking this year. However my mum and dad went to this event today and who were they sat next to on the ruddy shuttle bus!!!! and she whinged on and on about how she nearly fell down the 3 steps to the bathroom etc..
Yup, you're better off without that one.
So, what is it with you and your cereal and THEN the cooked brekkie? We get that all the time when it's Brits. I wish I had a case of Raisin Bran on hand, it's gone in one sitting!

I have only one lady who is a DO NOT BOOK! she has a life time ticket for the Yorkshire show which is a 3 day event that happens every year here. She only lives in Leeds (15 miles away) so don't know why she stays here anyway. Anyhow 2 years ago she made a booking with my mum and mum cocked up and she had to move rooms mid stay so last year when she turned up (she has a free buss pass so wizzed over from leeds to book in person) she booked for a single room with a private bathroom as that was the cheapest thing we do and haggled over the price and whinged about how she had to move and was a poor pensioner etc and I felt sorry for her. Turns out she has a second home at the sea side and all sorts! poor pensioner my arse you conned me! plus she would come down 5 mins before breakfast finished and eat cerial really slowly and then have cooked after so I couldn't get anything done. (everyone else goes about 8am she was starting her cerial 9.25) So I said she does not get a booking this year. However my mum and dad went to this event today and who were they sat next to on the ruddy shuttle bus!!!! and she whinged on and on about how she nearly fell down the 3 steps to the bathroom etc..
So, what is it with you and your cereal and THEN the cooked brekkie? We get that all the time when it's Brits. I wish I had a case of Raisin Bran on hand, it's gone in one sitting!
that's how it is done in all english hotels so that's what is expected.

Does anyone eat like this at home or is a vacation thing?

Does anyone eat like this at home or is a vacation thing?
its a treat for vacation most people have a cup of tea/coffee with a bowl of cereal or toast is pretty standard. My friend Tony (also B&B) jokes that a traditional english breakfast is a cigarette and a cup of coffee as you dash out the door! A traditional scottish breakfast usually has some form of Haggis in it though I don't think I could stomach that first thing! lol

"They stay they pay they go away"
April was this Pita alert going off?
9k=

Wouldn't it be funny if we had a loud bell that when they called the 5th, then the 6th and 7th times we could just slam our hand onto the loud bell while on the phone? "What was that?" they would say.
833964809.jpg

Back