foursquare spam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I have been inundated with spam emails claiming all these different people have accepted my 'friend' request on foursquare. Not sure what the scam is, but they are definitely spam emails.

Just in today - spam links on Pinterest
sad_smile.gif

I've never used Foursquare and I am getting the same spam..
Me, either. So I tried to log in using the email addy that the spam was being sent to and got an error msg that no account with the email was set up.

I've never used Foursquare and I am getting the same spam..
Me, either. So I tried to log in using the email addy that the spam was being sent to and got an error msg that no account with the email was set up.
Madeleine said:
I get that with "dead air" phone calls. If I do a *69 to get the number and call back, I get a message it is a number not in service. It just called me! but it is not in service. I sometimes get 4 to 6 dead air calls per day.

It's pretty easy to fake ("spoof") email addresses and/or phone numbers these days. We have been getting calls for weeks from 'Calvary Baptist Church' - mostly hangups but both times it has come through they have been telemarketing credit card processing services. DH asked why they had that callerid - the caller had no idea that it was even showing up. Dialing back the number gets a disconnected message.

It happens here too-drives me crazy cause I would be busy doing something and running to the phone for no one being their INFURIATING!!!

Back