Fraudulent Email Reminder

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I just received an email from http://www.webreserv.com/ stating that MY account had been inactive for over 90-days and that it would be closed...serious business, right? The only problem is I NEVER had an account with them.
This was a really poor attempt to get me to go to their website and read their advertising spiel. Does an outfit like this really think anyone would use them after attempted phishing?
smiley-angry013.gif

Anybody else get this?

Haven't gotten it yet, but you are right, it is a pretty slimy tactic.

Not this one but a couple of B&B directories always tell me my account is about to expire and it's time to renew. This goes on for a few weeks and then I get one that says my account has expired but I can click here to renew. And then the next month it starts all over again with the account about to expire.

I get your Paypal account has been active, your Paypal account has been closed - I ignore all. I also get from many different banks that my account has been closed, has been temporarily shut down, is in danger of being closed - all with banks that I do not and have never had an account with.
If I get an e-mail from either of my current banks, I call them. I will never respond to any of these kind of e-mails. I guess they think we just got off the turnip truck.

sooooo many of these listing services seem to use this tactic. i called one of them and he said 'well, your FREE listing is up and here has been no activity ... blah blah blah' slimey way to do business. my old business partner would call and say 'i got this notice that xyz account is being suspended for nonpayment!!!' and (after calming her down) i'd explain that it was just a way to get an account with us.
confused_smile.gif

sooooo many of these listing services seem to use this tactic. i called one of them and he said 'well, your FREE listing is up and here has been no activity ... blah blah blah' slimey way to do business. my old business partner would call and say 'i got this notice that xyz account is being suspended for nonpayment!!!' and (after calming her down) i'd explain that it was just a way to get an account with us.
confused_smile.gif
There is another one out there that sends a bill every quarter. They have been telling me for 4 years now that it is going to collection if I don't pay it. All of the inn info is incorrect on the site and if you contact them to change it, that's when you get the bill. From what I could see when I did finally find my B&B listing on there, all of the listings are incorrect in some way. They figure you will contact them to make corrections and then they hit you with a bill.
Right now I can't think of what the name of the site is. Found the envelope...eco ad ver tising. com. They claim to have 3-4 different websites they put your info on. Their own webpage has a huge disclaimer that they are not responsible for errors. That's on the home page so take that for what it's worth in re the remainder of the website.
The site's operators are so clueless that any state that has a zip code that starts with '0' is truncated so all of the zip codes are 4 digit. So an address would look like this: 23 main st 2345
One of the websites they use is called sl ee pfin der. com. It's the exact same website as the one above. All of them are the same.

confused_smile.gif
Your free listing is up because there was no activity so pay us money because we're doing such a good job for you.

Yep. Got it yesterday. I deleted it. I guess that was a good choice, then. Didn't recognize it at all.

Back