Free eBook on Starting B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askinnkeepers

Reaction score
This free eBook requires no registration or login and will give you a brief understanding of how to start and operate a B&B or small Inn.
http://Innkeeping-Made-Easy.Com
PS: Changed complete to brief understanding above. Thanks to comments below I must explain that this is not by any means a complete guide but will give a general overall look at many of the challenges that one will face and some ideas as to how to approach these challenges. Note: free eBook and do not expect the same relevance as a book you might pick up at the store - but certainly after reading this free ebook you will know better what book to for at the store - and what stories or advice to look for on this forum. I stand by my assertion that it is worth a look but not tutorial or authority. Also let me note that this is a work in progess and will get better with time and suggestions.
NEW links to innspring.com are included so reader will be able to find this forum.

Innkeeping is EASY????? What planet is this title from?
Anything that is too easy is not worth doing IMNVHO

Anything that is too easy is not worth doing IMNVHO.
gillumhouse said:
Anything that is too easy is not worth doing IMNVHO
No, that's 'MADE' easy. Not that innkeeping IS easy, just that this eBook is to help. I read a few chapters. It's very basic, and seems 'old-fashioned' but it has some good points. (In the chapters I read.) You could use it to formulate the questions that it doesn't answer.
Altho, quite frankly the very first chapter had me querying whether or not, after this person broke down and didn't make it to the B&B, if s/he paid the Innkeeper for the missed night? As an innkeeper I was already up in arms. I'd rewrite that whole story and just say 'after many stays at roadside motels...' and continue on with how wonderful the out in the country B&B is.

"will give you a complete understanding of how to start and operate a B&B"
NOT>> NO Way
Any aspirings out there beware, this barely touches on most of the major aspects of starting a B&B with no real details and is clearly not writen in order of what to do 1st.
Just goes to tell you - you get what you pay for!

OK, I wasted time reading some of this drek. If one can get past the grammar and spelling lapses, the info is dated and quite often just WRONG!!
Any Aspiring could learn more (and better) reading threads on this Forum using the same time needed to be wasted on this. JBJ & Bree - the author says you can rely on the realtor for answers on zoning. Right??? Oh, and an Aspiring MUST get a liquor license because you WILL want to serve a champagne breakfast or wine & cheese and you will want to make extra money doing lunches....
Come on! A B & B is enough work without that. And marketing is more than doing newspaper and magazine ads and now days one should have a web site. It is a good thing it is free because to charge for this would be criminal.
To the author - have you actually run a B & B or are you just winging it from not "reinventing the wheel" as you advise and using material that is out there. Yes, just look at what the competition is doing and how they do it. Even if they would sit there and tell someone what they do, telling does not translate into having the know-how to actually do something well enough to succeed.
I may sound harsh, but the thought that someone would read this and think they have a basic understanding of innkeeping and this is innkeeping made easy....... Scary!

Aside from issues related to information quality (which so far I have found several) What is the source of this info...who is the author? What is the author's experience? I see a lot of we, our and us, but I don't see anything that gives any info about who is the we.
What does becoming a Member of the site get you?

this looks soooooo familiar. didn't we have a similar promo and post a few months back?
dig dig dig
found it! wjmontague's post ....
Inn Keepers need to take a closer look at Internet Marketing[/h1]and if you go to that website, he promotes "Also be sure and visit our free Ebook at innkeeping made easy dot com
same person or persons ....
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/COLOR]

this looks soooooo familiar. didn't we have a similar promo and post a few months back?
dig dig dig
Inn Keepers need to take a closer look at Internet Marketing[/h1]and if you go to that website, he promotes "Also be sure and visit our free Ebook at innkeeping made easy dot com
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/COLOR].
seashanty said:
dig dig dig
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]
[/COLOR]
I thought it sonded familiar, too, couldn't remember if it was from here or about.

Back