Free Publicity - Cookbook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
One of my MABB members has a daughter in college and they are publishing a cookbook His words We are doing this for a college project for our daughter. We only have 6 states to go and we'll be finished.
Ohio, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Florida, and New York
Anyone in any of these states who is interested contact me and I will give you the link. This is FREE. they will sell the cookbook (he hopes) but no one is under ANY obligation to buy one or pay anything to be in it.

Are you looking for recipe contributions from people from those states, or are you looking for recipes that tie in with the state, i.e. "Ohio" might be a "Cincinnati Chili" recipe?

Are you looking for recipe contributions from people from those states, or are you looking for recipes that tie in with the state, i.e. "Ohio" might be a "Cincinnati Chili" recipe?.
B & B in those states. Would you like to be Florida?

Thank you to Ohio, Florida, and a lurker from Oregon. The people in Mighigan and Mississippi who said they would participate did not follow through. As of this morning, this is the message he sent to my query of how the project stands.
we have not heard from the following states; Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York and North Dakota.
He is not asking anyone to buy anything. Just provide a recipe, a photo of your inn, and a blurb about your inn with inn name, contact info.... All the stuff we try to get in front of people and it can be done with an e-mail!! No cost, not even for a stamp. Will you help?
Here is his link so you can see an example for yourselves of what he is doing. http://www.gobblersridge.com/cookbook.html

Don't we have Innkeepers here on this forum from Michigan? I can't remember who they are, but if you do maybe you can send them an email....

Don't we have Innkeepers here on this forum from Michigan? I can't remember who they are, but if you do maybe you can send them an email.....
I did the one I could remember and was hoping others would just do it to help and to be in the book...... Hope springs eternal...

Don't we have Innkeepers here on this forum from Michigan? I can't remember who they are, but if you do maybe you can send them an email.....
I did the one I could remember and was hoping others would just do it to help and to be in the book...... Hope springs eternal...
I'm from Michigan, but I'm just an aspiring.
sad_smile.gif

If it comes down to it and you still need a recipe I could ask some of my Michigan contacts to help you out. I would think I would be able to get at least one of them to help out.

I looked at the link you provided for the cookbooks. They have a really neat place there! They said they hoped to have the book to the publisher in February so maybe you can remind us all when they are available to buy??
Is anyone here on the forum having a recipe included??

sad_smile.gif

If it comes down to it and you still need a recipe I could ask some of my Michigan contacts to help you out. I would think I would be able to get at least one of them to help out.
Please do. I would very much appreciate it and I know Duane & Rachel will too.

I looked at the link you provided for the cookbooks. They have a really neat place there! They said they hoped to have the book to the publisher in February so maybe you can remind us all when they are available to buy??
Is anyone here on the forum having a recipe included??.
I was invited to be in it and am. Yes, they do have a nice place. My DH did the painting on their home page. He did it in pen & ink for them first and a year later they asked he to do it again - in color as it had been so successful for them in their advertising.
Yes, I will let everyone know when it is printed as a courtesy, not as a nudge to purchase - just so there is no misunderstanding.

WOW! Tell your husband he did a great job on the drawing!!!.
Thank you. He is an artist - currently finishing up on a commissioned painting of a 1947 Indian motorcycle. He has a special price for B & B because they do not have a lot of money but do have the need. My logo is on everything from apron bibs to biz cards from the same drawing!

sad_smile.gif

Please do. I would very much appreciate it and I know Duane & Rachel will too.
Could you send me all the info they would need so I can forward it to them? That would be really helpful to make sure I don't mess anything up.

I dropped a note saying if he needed another from IN I would be honored to be in the book. He said send it. Maybe it is worth a shot just to ask.

Back