Free publicity is netting new reservations!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Last fall, we were contacted by the Texas Department of Agriculture in response to a recommendation by our local winery/vineyard (We send them lots of visitors). They were sending a reporter to write about the numerous vineyards that have cropped up in our neck of the woods in order to promote Texas wines. We gave the reporter a "media discount" (which I made up on the spot) and she stayed with us for two days.
The article was recently published statewide in the various electrical co-op magazines. We must have been given a glowing review because we're already getting reservations from it. We're anxious to see how many. Well worth the "discount"

cheers.gif

Cheers to you, PT. Now make sure you get a copy of that for your media collection.
wink_smile.gif

Cheers to you, PT. Now make sure you get a copy of that for your media collection.
wink_smile.gif
copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif
We don't get the magazine, but I've written to the author requesting a copy via email. If it's not too long, I'll post it.

excellent ! ... and yes, get ahold of whatever they said so you can quote it on your site and blog etc.

Excellent! I just got my first inquiry from facebook from an unknown person. I have been using it to keep in touch with past guests and even get reservations from past guests, but this is the first time someone inquired out of the blue from facebook.
I love "free/low cost" publicity!

So little said but..... lots of action! Way to go! I could only hope my coop does something like this.

Back