Freeze green onions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Freeze green onions
53832158015541243_rLFqwzJK_c.jpg

JB - ON MY LIST TO TRY THIS! I go through a lot and have to toss a lot! Esp if the grocery store already has them all sprayed and wet, I always dry them with a paper towel to try to preserve their use.
[COLOR= rgb(33, 25, 34)]Freeze green onions in water bottles - shake out the right amount and return to the freezer! This is great! You always have to buy so many green onions and recipes usually never call for more than 3 stalks.[/COLOR]

And then I thought "How do you get them IN the bottle?" I might just use a ziplock bag!
chef.gif

Let us know if they are still fresh enough to use as a garnish or if they are only good enough to be cooked. We use the bulb and the stem in the same meal- bulb gets sauted and the stem is the garnish.

I doubt they could be used for garnish as they are composed mostly of water and once thawed out would be pretty limp and mushy.

Yes, please let us know how they stand up if you try this. Seems like the water bottle is a great idea to keep them from being squished and made limp like they would be in a zip loc type plastic bag.

Back