Quantcast

Freezing cookie dough

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Alibi Ike

Staff member
Reaction score
How long will cookie dough stay good if frozen? I don't need this huge batch I just made right now so I thought I'd wrap it up and stick it in the freezer for a few weeks. What do you think?

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just keep it from getting freezer burn. Should be OK.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
The place I am working at right now actually rolls the dough into individual balls and freezes them-I just had to take out,place on tray and bake. She has fresh cookies baking when they arrive. I'd say the dough should last at least a month or longer.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I would say at 1-3 months in the freezer. Wrapped properly of course

egoodell

Reaction score
We make our cookies in bulk and freeze them unbaked. This way we can take out a couple or a bunch and keep the cookie jar fresh as they are eaten.
RIki

Sanctuary

Reaction score
I make up the dough and roll it into a log, using the wax paper and a cookie sheet method (hard to explain in words - I end up trapping the dough in the wax paper and then using the edge of a cookie sheet to push it so that it forms a uniformly shaped log - it's a clean and easy way to do it) so that I get a perfectly even log, about the size of the tube inside a roll of paper towels - make it any size I want, really. Then, I freeze it and can have fresh "slice & bake" cookies anytime without any fuss or mess to clean up. I'm not sure how long I've kept dough though. Wrap it well to keep other things/flavors from getting into it.

Samster

Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I always did drop cookies using a dough ball thing & froze the dough on cookie sheets & then put them in zip lock bags to use as needed. My "signature" cookie recipe made a lot of dough.

Alibi Ike

Staff member
Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I always did drop cookies using a dough ball thing & froze the dough on cookie sheets & then put them in zip lock bags to use as needed. My "signature" cookie recipe made a lot of dough..
Froze it as a big slab. It makes about 18 cookies.

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tighter you wrap them the longer they'll last.
=)
Kk.