Freezing cookie dough

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
How long will cookie dough stay good if frozen? I don't need this huge batch I just made right now so I thought I'd wrap it up and stick it in the freezer for a few weeks. What do you think?

The place I am working at right now actually rolls the dough into individual balls and freezes them-I just had to take out,place on tray and bake. She has fresh cookies baking when they arrive. I'd say the dough should last at least a month or longer.

We make our cookies in bulk and freeze them unbaked. This way we can take out a couple or a bunch and keep the cookie jar fresh as they are eaten.
RIki

I make up the dough and roll it into a log, using the wax paper and a cookie sheet method (hard to explain in words - I end up trapping the dough in the wax paper and then using the edge of a cookie sheet to push it so that it forms a uniformly shaped log - it's a clean and easy way to do it) so that I get a perfectly even log, about the size of the tube inside a roll of paper towels - make it any size I want, really. Then, I freeze it and can have fresh "slice & bake" cookies anytime without any fuss or mess to clean up. I'm not sure how long I've kept dough though. Wrap it well to keep other things/flavors from getting into it.

What did you end up doing? I always did drop cookies using a dough ball thing & froze the dough on cookie sheets & then put them in zip lock bags to use as needed. My "signature" cookie recipe made a lot of dough.

What did you end up doing? I always did drop cookies using a dough ball thing & froze the dough on cookie sheets & then put them in zip lock bags to use as needed. My "signature" cookie recipe made a lot of dough..
Froze it as a big slab. It makes about 18 cookies.

Back