French Press Coffee Makers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
Is anyone using French press coffee makers? We are staying at a place and that is what they use for their 24 hr coffee service. I forgot how good coffee is when made in them. They have small ones (which really only make one cup) and larger ones too. The larger ones really only make enough for 2 mugs worth.
Another note, if you offer these kinds of things please make sure that the guests have creamer and sugar, too.

do you mean caffitiers? the sponsers are showing pictures LOL.

This is the ONLY way I make coffee when I go camping. Bring a kettle and french press and you have fantastic coffee in the deep woods. :)

This is how I make my own coffee many mornings. I do dislike cleaning it - I would not want to have to clean up several after guests. (No garbage disposal here. The grounds are great for my compost, but I don't like rinsing the pot, carrying the wet mucky grounds outside...I'm sure I'd have a different attitude if I had a garbage disposal. THEN I'd say it rocks, but I'm still not excited about cleaning multiple carafes for multiple guests multiple coffees.)

We're at another place now....French press in the room. I really like it, but I'm not cleaning it up after using it. ;-)
The coffee is fantastic.

My husband uses it everyday for his coffee. He loves it..
Can someone recommend a good brand pot? I would like to use a french press when we have fewer coffee drinkers. I have never used one but I love the effect of seeing it made...
Riki

Can someone recommend a good brand pot? I would like to use a french press when we have fewer coffee drinkers. I have never used one but I love the effect of seeing it made...
Riki
egoodell said:
Can someone recommend a good brand pot? I would like to use a french press when we have fewer coffee drinkers.
Bodum makes several styles, and I would recommend you go with the unbreakable ones (polymer) rather than glass. DH has shattered a few of them in his time, and went plastic after the last one.

I will say - the one I'm using now, I cobbled together from one I broke and one my sister lent me after (which I also, in turn, broke the handle of). My cobbled one works just great. I personally prefer glass (I think there's a flavor issue, but that may be in my head). But, as you can see from my history, breakage is an issue.
RHJ, who has bad carafe karma

Riki
We use the stainless steel Bodum when we get a guest who prefers French press. This pot is insulated and keeps the coffee hot for about an hour. I love it because it will make about 4 mugs of coffee and it doesn't break. I bought 2 of these (about $50 each + shipping) from the Bodum website.
1303_16_a.jpg

If it helps (these are really popular in the UK sold everywhere about $16) get the ones the glass comes out and then you can put it through the dish washer. Bodum are good value, excellent design and ususally come apart easily for washing. We use them for our coffee on a morning. Little ones for 1 person big for a couple.

We're at another place now....French press in the room. I really like it, but I'm not cleaning it up after using it. ;-)
The coffee is fantastic..
Sounds like you're on the move, Samster. I'm a bit jealous. Having fun?

Riki
We use the stainless steel Bodum when we get a guest who prefers French press. This pot is insulated and keeps the coffee hot for about an hour. I love it because it will make about 4 mugs of coffee and it doesn't break. I bought 2 of these (about $50 each + shipping) from the Bodum website.
1303_16_a.jpg

That stainless steel is really nice and would work well for Joey's camping trips. I have to tell you that the regular glass Bodum French press doesn't keep the coffee very hot for long so you have to drink it quickly. The coffee is really good though.

Right the glass are to drink, not to refill, that is an American thang!

Riki
1303_16_a.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
1303_16_a.jpg
Link: Bodum

The glass ones break pretty easily, so I didn't want any in the guest rooms. What a mess that would be!

Back