French toast masquerading as waffles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
Tried this for the first time today .... generally pleased. Not really a recipe - more of a concept.
Cooking your french toast in the waffle iron.
I used thick cut (Texas Toast) white bread and my regular French Toast liquid mix. Cooked it in the waffle iron, cut each "waffle" into 4 pieces and gave each person 4 "waffle sliders". Piece of banana in the middle of the sandwich and then, because it's July 4th, topped the dish with chopped strawberries macerated in grenadine, blueberries and confectioner's sugar. Looked very pretty with the chopped strawberries caught in the waffle squares.
Adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe

I saw that one! He did breakfast for the kids' sleepover or something. Totally forgot that.

I saw that one! He did breakfast for the kids' sleepover or something. Totally forgot that..
That's the one .... easy to "adultify". The guests loved it .... I'm on the fence because it was super messy making it for the first time. However they held wonderfully in a warm oven and having got the knack I'll probably do them again. They'll be good in the off-seaons (when I only have one or two rooms) with some spiced apples - I'll spice the batter too.

You can also "do it in a foreman grill"
Now THAT's AN INNKEEPER BUMPER STICKER OR T-SHIRT WAITING TO HAPPEN!
But, be careful when you use them for other uses as the non stick finish can wear off.
PS TJ MAX has plastic heat resistent TONGS to use to help preserve the non stick surface life.
(How did I find this out? Making toasted cheese by the half dozen in the grill, worked great, but I think took a toll on the grill)
chef.gif

Back