Fresh Perspective

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
It is truly amazing what taking some time away from your b&b can do for you. We had the great fortune to get out of here this past weekend for a few days to travel and see family. Firstly, to spend time surrounded by people who think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread before you even DO anything is pampering. Then to actually get to spend the day the way YOU want, attached to no one else's schedule is so very relaxing!
DH and I both napped for several hours each day, ate a lot, talked a lot, laughed a lot with our loved ones and have come back truly rejuvenated and ready to face the next 6 weeks until our season winds down. We are so lucky to have two helpers who were willing to step in to let us be away in such a busy time.
It was funny also, just going through all the steps of traveling...it made us both realize how much we as innkeepers give and give and give to our guests. There is simply no other place where you get so much interaction and personalized service. Which makes it even more surprising when people are such PITA's about the teeniest little thing...maybe they are used to staying at 5 star hotels or maybe they are just not nice, but it just gave me some perspective and reassurance that what we provide really is special and good quality.
Ok, this warm fuzzy innkeeper will be around for about 1.5 more days by my estimation, then the usual cranky pants will be back for you all to deal with!

did you stay at another b&b or with family or both?
something i noticed when i went away was how tired i sometimes was from the travel ... how i needed to use a restroom asap .... how i wasn't focused on the innkeeper's words when i first checked in.
i am glad you had a nice time.

Good for you Innsider, spening time with family is so important, and one thing that can and does suffer when it comes to Innkeeping...

did you stay at another b&b or with family or both?
something i noticed when i went away was how tired i sometimes was from the travel ... how i needed to use a restroom asap .... how i wasn't focused on the innkeeper's words when i first checked in.
i am glad you had a nice time..
We were actually camping but just the generalities of traveling, how you are treated at restaurants, gas stations, etc. Everyone is busy, busy, busy and it is the exception rather than the rule to even get a smile out of anyone in the so-called "service" industry.

I state my case again and again. You can go on vacation and never be treated with kindness anywhere along your travels. Innkeepers have a specialty that no other can touch! WE ROCK!
Glad you had times of refreshing...even for a wee while.
regular_smile.gif

Innkeepers are awesome & we deserve a break! Glad you enjoyed your time away....I hope that the good effects last longer than 1.5 days. ;-)

Back