Fried Eggs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie Q

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas how to keep egg yolks from breaking? At least 50% of the time, they break. Even if I nudge them while frying, they tend to break. Any ideas would be appreciated. THANKS!

Instead of flipping them over, put the heat on low and put a lid on the pan. It will cook them totally without breaking the yolks.

I would agree, that means they are not fresh if they break that easy. Try a different brand of eggs maybe?

Not that they are bad, just not fresh. Eggs in the grocery store can be 30 days old.

Tell me again how it is with BOILED EGGS, I always forget. Is it the FRESHEST eggs are the ones most difficult to peel? I remember collecting them one Easter with a couple other familiies and some peeled right off, no running them under water or anything, and some we just could not get the shells off!
chef.gif

Tell me again how it is with BOILED EGGS, I always forget. Is it the FRESHEST eggs are the ones most difficult to peel? I remember collecting them one Easter with a couple other familiies and some peeled right off, no running them under water or anything, and some we just could not get the shells off!
chef.gif
Older eggs for hard-boiled. They shrink up a bit and the skin pulls away from the shell, making them easier to peel. There's some kind of a float test, I think. I always use store-bought for hard-boiled and farm eggs for everything else.

chef.gif
Older eggs for hard-boiled. They shrink up a bit and the skin pulls away from the shell, making them easier to peel. There's some kind of a float test, I think. I always use store-bought for hard-boiled and farm eggs for everything else.
If an egg floats, it is bad. Throw it away.

chef.gif
gillumhouse said:
Yes, if it floats at the top of the water level. However, fresh eggs lie along the bottom, while older eggs start to angle towards the surface standing on end. The older the egg the more upright it is. They're not bad, but better for hard boiling if they stand up.

Sounds like the eggs are not fresh..
The carton says sell by November 18. Sparboe brand. I think I purchased them at Aldi's.
I guess it was NOT Aldi's. They sell Golden Hen. I just purchased some there tonight for breakfast this next weekend.

My mother always added salt to the water while boiling eggs - said that would make them easier to peel.

Back