Friends in the right places

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Just got back from lunch and what do I find on my desk? A box of macarons from the Sugar Bear. Can't wait to give them a try.
Oh, and how did they get here? A guest of his who lives in the next town dropped them off.

thumbs_up.gif

Don't you just love the unexpected?

Are you kidding. That is so awesome. Someone saved my life tonight...sugar bearrrrrrrr

Guest was bribed, though... offered her a 6 pack or a jar of jam... she chose the jam. Tells you how nice my jam is as well. I did give her one for the road to enjoy though.
How'd they look in my new box? How'd they taste?
You should see my facebook comments on them... someone last week contemplated a three hour drive to pick some up.

Guest was bribed, though... offered her a 6 pack or a jar of jam... she chose the jam. Tells you how nice my jam is as well. I did give her one for the road to enjoy though.
You should see my facebook comments on them... someone last week contemplated a three hour drive to pick some up..
It's a very nice presentation in the box! Haven't tried any yet. (I went to lunch, I'm still stuffed from that.)

What a wonderful gift!! We have some VERY Special people here. I did not get a box of those specialties, but Sugar Bear helped me more than I could believe when SB was up to the ears with stuff and spent about 2 hours on the phone helping me with a computer problem. It was also a totally unexpected and therefore doubly wonderful gift.

AWESOME SUGAR BEAR! And what a coincidence to have someone personally deliver them...it was meant to be :) I am sure you really brightened Maddies day:)

What a wonderful gift!! We have some VERY Special people here. I did not get a box of those specialties, but Sugar Bear helped me more than I could believe when SB was up to the ears with stuff and spent about 2 hours on the phone helping me with a computer problem. It was also a totally unexpected and therefore doubly wonderful gift..
Told you then, it wasn't a problem at all. You were a lot more patient than my parents. They never listen to what I tell them.

What a wonderful gift!! We have some VERY Special people here. I did not get a box of those specialties, but Sugar Bear helped me more than I could believe when SB was up to the ears with stuff and spent about 2 hours on the phone helping me with a computer problem. It was also a totally unexpected and therefore doubly wonderful gift..
Told you then, it wasn't a problem at all. You were a lot more patient than my parents. They never listen to what I tell them.
Sugar Bear said:
Wait, did you say Gillum was patient! ROFML or whatever that acronym is! haha
shades_smile.gif

Sugar Bear said:
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Sugar Bear said:
shades_smile.gif
That's NOT what I said... I said "...a lot more patient than my parents..."

You should see my facebook comments on them... someone last week contemplated a three hour drive to pick some up..
Still wondering what you thought of them :)

Sugar Bear said:
shades_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Sugar Bear said:
shades_smile.gif
Sugar Bear said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Sugar Bear said:
shades_smile.gif
I read JB's comment at a Conference today and burst out laughing - had a few odd looks in my direction. If i am MORE patient than your parents, OH MY!!!

And Sugar Bear has been helping me with our cruise in April!.
And Sugar Bear has 60 days to go until he is on the ocean blue himself.... I haven't had an honest day's off since April! Next year, I'm marking two days out and taking a break after labour day.

And Sugar Bear has 60 days to go until he is on the ocean blue himself.... I haven't had an honest day's off since April! Next year, I'm marking two days out and taking a break after labour day.
Sugar Bear said:
I feel your pain! Us too. Actually, I was just able to take 24 hours away. Not a true day off, but the closest I'm going to get until a family wedding in October.

Hearing from those of you in Destinations, I am grateful I am in Podunk. It is not often I have to get up at 4:30 to make a 6 AM breakfast before flying out the door at 6:30 to go to a Conference. Dozed through the morning opener and thru the middle of the last workshop. Was widea awake for the other 2 though. Tomorrow is a replay.

Hearing from those of you in Destinations, I am grateful I am in Podunk. It is not often I have to get up at 4:30 to make a 6 AM breakfast before flying out the door at 6:30 to go to a Conference. Dozed through the morning opener and thru the middle of the last workshop. Was widea awake for the other 2 though. Tomorrow is a replay.
K., you have a schedule that would kill a horse!! I don't think I could ever keep up with you!

Back