From Food and Wine Magazine: Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or just daydreaming about one, check out America’s best B&B’s: [/COLOR]http://fandw.me/Jbu

Amazing how many of those featured rooms had floral wallpaper. If you're going to knock something, make sure you don't then go and show photos of the best places with that tacky feature. Just saying...
OTOH, it was nice to see they included small properties and not just the corporate owned inns.

Amazing how many of those featured rooms had floral wallpaper. If you're going to knock something, make sure you don't then go and show photos of the best places with that tacky feature. Just saying...
OTOH, it was nice to see they included small properties and not just the corporate owned inns..
Yes I noticed that as the first line, and then it caught my eye with the floral paper on so many as well! I almost felt it needed a disclaimer at the end saying "See we were just kidding the BEST B&B's are stylish and have decor that fits the inn" although I personally don't think a 29 room inn in Dana Point is a quote "B&B", it may have a B&B package or feel.

Tacky tchotchkes, floral wallpaper and store-bought muffins might come to mind when you think of bed-and-breakfasts, but America's best B&Bs are beautiful houses with modern amenities and fantastic, often homegrown food. —Alessandra Bulow
What a way to begin! Slap us around some more - and MOST of them were BIG inns. I thought Savannah and New orleans were only permitted to serve pre-packaged. Guess I am wrong. So what else is new....

I've got some traveling to do!!! I want to meet Richard Gere.
wink_smile.gif
I wish even one of the many great places that I've visited over the years was on this list.
sad_smile.gif

K, we are staying in Savannah in September and they serve a full, gourmet breakfast at our B&B along with afternoon refreshments.

Tacky tchotchkes, floral wallpaper and store-bought muffins might come to mind when you think of bed-and-breakfasts, but America's best B&Bs are beautiful houses with modern amenities and fantastic, often homegrown food. —Alessandra Bulow
What a way to begin! Slap us around some more - and MOST of them were BIG inns. I thought Savannah and New orleans were only permitted to serve pre-packaged. Guess I am wrong. So what else is new.....
gillumhouse said:
What a way to begin! Slap us around some more - and MOST of them were BIG inns. I thought Savannah and New orleans were only permitted to serve pre-packaged. Guess I am wrong. So what else is new....
New Orleans is continental, not pre-packaged - well that is unless you know someone (ahem) But the place mentioned is a Boutique hotel, it does not even try to use the words B&B.
As with most articles about B&B's they miss the mark! Store-Bought Muffins sent me in a whirl. Have they ever gone to a REAL B&B???? answer is NO!

OTOH, it was nice to see they included small properties and not just the corporate owned inns..
Yes I noticed that as the first line, and then it caught my eye with the floral paper on so many as well! I almost felt it needed a disclaimer at the end saying "See we were just kidding the BEST B&B's are stylish and have decor that fits the inn" although I personally don't think a 29 room inn in Dana Point is a quote "B&B", it may have a B&B package or feel.
Joey Bloggs said:
I personally don't think a 29 room inn in Dana Point is a quote "B&B", it may have a B&B package or feel.
I've driven past that place many times and never, ever, did I consider it a B&B!

I know of a few that started out as small B & B and then kept adding on until once I know of is 24 rooms. That is NOT, in my mind a B & B. I guess I think once it gets beyond 12 rooms, it is no longer B & B - it is a small hotel.

Back