From Hotel Cha tt er

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend Alex completely renovated his place and as one of the things he put windows in all the doors of the bathrooms. Looked impressive when you walked in the room but even I am not so close to DH that I want to see him on the John. (Toilet) plus if it is not a couple ie work colleagues they would not be very impressed. After several reviews he has now put fablon on all the doors. Think it was a case of looking nice outweighing the practicalities.

I remember this discussion a long time ago here, being shocked really at different habits, some "couples" must have the bathroom door closed tight. We had a door in a guest bathroom that was not closely all the way due to the wall settling or something, almost all the way, but not "locked in" and DH and I argued over this and thankfully I won with backup from the forum.

My friend Alex completely renovated his place and as one of the things he put windows in all the doors of the bathrooms. Looked impressive when you walked in the room but even I am not so close to DH that I want to see him on the John. (Toilet) plus if it is not a couple ie work colleagues they would not be very impressed. After several reviews he has now put fablon on all the doors. Think it was a case of looking nice outweighing the practicalities..
There is a really cute B&B I've stayed at that has stained glass panels/etched glass in the upper half of bathroom doors. Sorry. No can do. I have to stumble around in the dark to keep the lights off whenever I'm there because etching and stained glass are not opaque!
I have never shared a bathroom in my life, except when I was a tiny tot.

Back