From out of the mouths of guests...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Why guests pick you when they have multiple choices. (And, yes, this is ALL about your website.)
  • Your personality comes thru and it sounds like a place where they would like to know the owners. (There is no right or wrong personality, BTW. You are who you are. Embrace that!)
  • Your pictures are clear and big and show the two things guests are interested in - food and the room.
  • You show the guests different things they can do in the area with your own take on why they should go there.
  • No one mentioned the ease of use, but it's kind of a given if they can't find the rooms or the breakfast or how to make a reservation they won't.
That was over breakfast this morning; once one guest said something the rest of the tables chimed in with their opinions. These were one night stays, too. So they were looking at a boatload of websites as they make their way along on vacation, some of them for 10 days.

I agree 100%, as a tiny out of the way property in a town with many, the one thing I've to to offer is "me" (good or bad). We're just trying to move forward to being able to book online so most are telephone calls, but many calls start off by the prospective guest says "hey is this Jim" and hopefully they think of me as an old friend.
We were visitors for years and decided we wanted to live at our vacation destination, again guests don't come for a tiny motel, they come to the area, most of my sales pitch is about things I like to do and see in the area and some an hour or so away using this area as a base. Even if they don't stay with me, someone will need my room if enough people visit.
My website was always simple and straight forward, guests said it was easy to use, now with the help and guidance of a certain forum member it is also modern and attractive and I'm inspired that we will be more successful in the future thanks to the support on this fourm.

I agree 100%, as a tiny out of the way property in a town with many, the one thing I've to to offer is "me" (good or bad). We're just trying to move forward to being able to book online so most are telephone calls, but many calls start off by the prospective guest says "hey is this Jim" and hopefully they think of me as an old friend.
We were visitors for years and decided we wanted to live at our vacation destination, again guests don't come for a tiny motel, they come to the area, most of my sales pitch is about things I like to do and see in the area and some an hour or so away using this area as a base. Even if they don't stay with me, someone will need my room if enough people visit.
My website was always simple and straight forward, guests said it was easy to use, now with the help and guidance of a certain forum member it is also modern and attractive and I'm inspired that we will be more successful in the future thanks to the support on this fourm..
JimBoone said:
My website was always simple and straight forward, guests said it was easy to use, now with the help and guidance of a certain forum member it is also modern and attractive and I'm inspired that we will be more successful in the future thanks to the support on this fourm.
That is what this forum is all about, helping each other out, even if it is only to give everyone a chuckle for the day.

My website was always simple and straight forward, guests said it was easy to use, now with the help and guidance of a certain forum member it is also modern and attractive and I'm inspired that we will be more successful in the future thanks to the support on this fourm..
thumbs_up.gif

JimBoone said:
That is what this forum is all about, helping each other out, even if it is only to give everyone a chuckle for the day.
I've enjoyed the forum since I stumbled upon it and Gillum House helped me join. Laptop sits by where I sit so whenever I sit I check email and my friends on the forum to see what you are up to at the time.

Back