Front door ringers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I laugh to myself every time it happens, they ring the bell - then if you don't materialize in about 30 seconds they ring it again. I heard the bell and was walking toward it and I see him go for it again (it is deafening if you are inside and near it).
And YES this is with me right here 5 feet away waiting for them to check in. If I were say, actually DOING SOMETHING I don't know what would happen!
The number of guests who call on their cell phones in this same scenario amazes me even more. No one answers within 30 seconds - snap my fingers - answer the dang door - so I will call them.
poke.gif

My favorite is when they ring the doorbell, come inside, and then immediately ring the little dingy bell. I will purposefully wait 30 seconds before coming out then, geez hang on a sec will ya???

When we didn't lock the door guests NEVER rang the bell. They just came in and wandered around hollering, 'Hello?'
Ring my bell more than once in 30 seconds and I'll be hollering, 'I'm coming! Hang on!'
However, we understood that guests could NOT hear the bell ringing when the windows were closed. We installed a repeater and hung the speaker outside. VERY clear now.

When we didn't lock the door guests NEVER rang the bell. They just came in and wandered around hollering, 'Hello?'
Ring my bell more than once in 30 seconds and I'll be hollering, 'I'm coming! Hang on!'
However, we understood that guests could NOT hear the bell ringing when the windows were closed. We installed a repeater and hung the speaker outside. VERY clear now..
Alibi Ike said:
However, we understood that guests could NOT hear the bell ringing when the windows were closed. We installed a repeater and hung the speaker outside. VERY clear now.
Oh yeah that was always fun. Now when people let others in (which has not happened of late) they wander around opening CLOSED doors trying to find someone. Good one.

Here they try the door, THEN see the 'please ring bell (with arrow to the bell because
smileystooges.gif
), then they ring bell, wait 30 sec. then try the door again like the bell has magically unlocked the door! Of course if I am not there by then, they start the process over again!

I always feel like saying do you see me stood just inside the door waiting for you then you can blasted wait! part of our trouble is our bell has 3 speakers so you can carry one with you say to the bedrooms so you can always hear it but it means the customer can't so thinks that it isn't ringing.

People cannot seem to FIND our bell. It is on the 1912 front door - a bell like the one you had on your tricycle, only on steroids! But you must open the storm door (which is never locked) to find it. One would have to be deaf as a post to not hear my doorbell.

Back