Frozen cookies

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
So when you freeze the cookie dough to pop in the oven, do you have to thaw it first? Or just throw them in and cook longer?

Most cookies I will bake direct from the freezer. They don't take much longer to bake -- generally a minute or two. The only exception I have found are very thick cookies -- if baked frozen, the outside may get overdone before the interior is set. So, you may want to partially thaw very thick cookies.
Ed

Throw in and bake from frozen (assuming you already have them parceled out into cookie size lumps). Just got two blue ribbons on cookies made this way... I think they actually cook better from frozen!
Yes, a little longer...
=)
Kk.

You're probably supposed to defrost them (shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so) but if they're not too large, I've popped directly from freezer to oven when I have a severe craving. Lower the temperature a bit and cook a couple minutes longer, unless you like crunchy on the outside doughy in the middle, in which case same temperature and a tiny bit longer. I'd do 25F lower, add a couple minutes. Keep tasting until they taste done
wink_smile.gif

Do you freeze them on sheets, ready to go into the oven? I usually bake cookies, and then freeze. No room in my freezer for cookie sheets. Only tried frozen dough once, when I found choc chip cookie dough discs on sale at the grocery store.

Yes, freeze them on sheets... usually I scoop out some to bake now (double check the flour is right amount), scoop out the rest for later. If your freezer is too small for a cookie sheet, scoop them out on a plate, a pan lid, anything flat. And you can scoop them all touching/close together. Then, once frozen, transfer to a freezer storage bag to keep them fresh tasting.
Works great!
=)
Kk.

A big fund raiser at my children's elementary school was frozen cookie balls. Their instructions were to go straight from freezer to oven.

Yes, freeze them on sheets... usually I scoop out some to bake now (double check the flour is right amount), scoop out the rest for later. If your freezer is too small for a cookie sheet, scoop them out on a plate, a pan lid, anything flat. And you can scoop them all touching/close together. Then, once frozen, transfer to a freezer storage bag to keep them fresh tasting.
Works great!
=)
Kk..
Brilliant, thanks. I'm sure that's how they made the little frozen dough discs I bought, but it seemed like a lot of work to me to clear out the freezer for a sheet, then scrape them all into a tub, then back onto a clean sheet for baking. One more thing to put on the shopping list for our B&B2B: 2nd freezer!
Normally when I freeze baked cookies, I just toast them in the oven for a bit to revive the crunch. Much faster for those really bad cravings!

A big fund raiser at my children's elementary school was frozen cookie balls. Their instructions were to go straight from freezer to oven..
what a great fundraiser idea! how did they keep them frozen? were they kept in the school freezer? just thinking about the logistics of that.
huge raffle success i know of is 2x a month cookies.

We always make our cookies in big batches, roll in large balls, and freeze on a tray. Once frozen, we toss them in a zip lock for storage.
Put them frozen into the oven and bake the regular time. Do the same with muffins. Bake and freeze and pop in a ziplock. Put frozen into the oven for the same baking time.
Riki

A big fund raiser at my children's elementary school was frozen cookie balls. Their instructions were to go straight from freezer to oven..
what a great fundraiser idea! how did they keep them frozen? were they kept in the school freezer? just thinking about the logistics of that.
noodle-inn said:
Oh no, you haven't been bombarded with those dough fundraisers yet! I get calls all the time and it makes me so mad, I have my own kids who have to beg for funds, thank you very much!
"Well I just thought since you ran a bed and breakfast you would want to buy this dough"
I think sam's club sells it as well.

I roll my cookie dough into a log. Freeze it. Slice and bake. That reminds me, I've got some white chocolate chip macadamia nut dough in the freezer. Gotta go!

Prepare the cookie dough.
Scoop into balls & place on cookie sheets (or whatever) and place in freezer.
Once firm, put cookie dough balls in a zip lock bag, label & back in freezer.
I bake mine straight from the freezer at 400F in a convection oven for 8 minutes. Cool slightly & remove to wire rack. They come out perfectly.

Back