Fruit Course Decor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weaver

Reaction score
202591683207963336_l4LigT2q_c.jpg

I saw this and thought it was cute, could do half for a first course, sort of island tropic for the warm months.

That IS neat. Dip the banana in OJ or lemon juice first so it does not darken.

I saw this on pinterest and at first it caught my eye, but then I thought it looked like a preschool snack. I know another inn shared it there, so I feel bad saying that, but it like a smiley pancake for a kid or something at a B&B. (Shoot arrows my way, I know I know...shut up)
smileystooges.gif

I thought it was cute, super cute for kids in the inn. But either way a cute way to do something different.
No daggers, darts or arrows for you JB.
My Dad used to do something like this on pancakes or waffles on a Saturday morning.

Yep it's cute, but way too much fruit to eat...I could only eat one or two kiwi slices. And looking at it more...tooooo cutesy...more for kids than adults.

Yep it's cute, but way too much fruit to eat...I could only eat one or two kiwi slices. And looking at it more...tooooo cutesy...more for kids than adults..
I see this as the centerpiece fruit replacing a compote - served with tongs for guests to take what they want from it - not as an individual fruit serving.

Yep it's cute, but way too much fruit to eat...I could only eat one or two kiwi slices. And looking at it more...tooooo cutesy...more for kids than adults..
I see this as the centerpiece fruit replacing a compote - served with tongs for guests to take what they want from it - not as an individual fruit serving.
gillumhouse said:
I agree. Especially fitting if you were near a beach.

I guess I am just picky about people peeling my mandarins.
cry_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
Just like with making breakfast, we hope hands are washed :)
Olga said:
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
My other thing is when people pull apart a grape cluster. It ruins it, it is preschoolish, leave them to cling together I implore you, they are so nice that way, supposed to be served as a cluster - small or large. Don't pluck my grapes.
(There is only one exception - that is when someone pops one into the middle of a half a grapefruit, that is okay, it's just for decoration)
and one more thing, don't cut my food into little bites either, I can manage, thanks. haha All this talk is making me hungry! What's for supper?

cry_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
Olga said:
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
My other thing is when people pull apart a grape cluster. It ruins it, it is preschoolish, leave them to cling together I implore you, they are so nice that way, supposed to be served as a cluster - small or large. Don't pluck my grapes.
(There is only one exception - that is when someone pops one into the middle of a half a grapefruit, that is okay, it's just for decoration)
and one more thing, don't cut my food into little bites either, I can manage, thanks. haha All this talk is making me hungry! What's for supper?
Joey Bloggs said:
and one more thing, don't cut my food into little bites either, I can manage, thanks. haha
We used to serve long slices of peaches and mango and the like. NO ONE could cut it up in the bowl we served it in. It was forever slipping out onto the tablecloth or into a lap or onto the floor. We finally had to cut it into bite-size peices to cut down on the frustration. Totally the fault of the dishes we use but not changing those any time soon.

It is way too much for one serving but like K said could be a nice change up once in a while. I would dress the plate maybe with some greens and add a couple of declustered (sorry JB just had to do it) grapes for decoration as coconuts. Or cherries in season. I think it lends to some creativity.
It is way too cute for most, but could be a nice centerpiece display on a boofay! Maybe even chocolate covered nanas for the trunk segments.
JB - I agree leave the grapes in a cluster if using as a garnish looks so much nicer and adds height to the plate and no rolling grapes on the floor. Ever watch anyone try to stab a grape on a flat plate, hysterical.

cry_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
Olga said:
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
Since we're talkin' grapes, I have a question for ya:
What do you do about the top of a grape that gets brown & soft when it's been pulled from it's stem for a day or two? We do fruit cups every morning with fresh cut local fruit and it's not feasible to keep the grapes on their stems. Often we have grapes in the bottom of the bag and the stem-hole is brown. Personally, I've jsut started eating grapes and I don't like them once the stem-hole gets mushy & brown. I've been cutting the tops off for guests just to keep a nice clean presentation.
What are you thoughts about brown grape stem-holes?
confused_smile.gif

cry_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
Olga said:
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
What do you do about the top of a grape that gets brown & soft when it's been pulled from it's stem for a day or two? We do fruit cups every morning with fresh cut local fruit and it's not feasible to keep the grapes on their stems. Often we have grapes in the bottom of the bag and the stem-hole is brown. Personally, I've jsut started eating grapes and I don't like them once the stem-hole gets mushy & brown. I've been cutting the tops off for guests just to keep a nice clean presentation.
confused_smile.gif

K9 said:
confused_smile.gif
Either don't use those grapes or cut the grapes in half after cutting the ends off (or it just looks like you're trying to use mushy fruit).

cry_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
Olga said:
Joey Bloggs said:
cry_smile.gif
confused_smile.gif

K9 said:
confused_smile.gif
TOSS EM. They are decaying.
Quality control.

It is way too much for one serving but like K said could be a nice change up once in a while. I would dress the plate maybe with some greens and add a couple of declustered (sorry JB just had to do it) grapes for decoration as coconuts. Or cherries in season. I think it lends to some creativity.
It is way too cute for most, but could be a nice centerpiece display on a boofay! Maybe even chocolate covered nanas for the trunk segments.
JB - I agree leave the grapes in a cluster if using as a garnish looks so much nicer and adds height to the plate and no rolling grapes on the floor. Ever watch anyone try to stab a grape on a flat plate, hysterical..
I cut the grapes in half for our fruit salads. Hate chasing grapes on a plate!

JB - I agree leave the grapes in a cluster if using as a garnish looks so much nicer and adds height to the plate and no rolling grapes on the floor. Ever watch anyone try to stab a grape on a flat plate, hysterical..
I cut the grapes in half for our fruit salads. Hate chasing grapes on a plate!
One word... GLUE
wink_smile.gif

Back