Fruit course - what's your specialty? Simple or extravagant?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make a granola cup. My simple granola recipe and mold it into a muffin pan. Bake at 300 for 20-25 minutes until golden. Let cool for 20 and then gently twist them out. I store them in an airtight container so that they don't go hard ( if they do, just micro for a few seconds) Then I fill with yogurt ( my fave is Greek coconut) and then arrange fresh fruit pieces around it, sprinkle with a little coconut or chopped nuts. I try to use different colours of fruit. It looks lovely and it's great if you only have limited quantities of certain fruits but you want to use it up amongst a crowd..
Sounds yummy! Great idea for baking in advance.

I make a granola cup. My simple granola recipe and mold it into a muffin pan. Bake at 300 for 20-25 minutes until golden. Let cool for 20 and then gently twist them out. I store them in an airtight container so that they don't go hard ( if they do, just micro for a few seconds) Then I fill with yogurt ( my fave is Greek coconut) and then arrange fresh fruit pieces around it, sprinkle with a little coconut or chopped nuts. I try to use different colours of fruit. It looks lovely and it's great if you only have limited quantities of certain fruits but you want to use it up amongst a crowd..
Sounds yummy! Great idea for baking in advance.
You cam make it gluten-free or nut -free along as you get advance notice.

Sometimes I play with the fruit course easier with just 3 rooms. The watermelon breakfast pizza would work for a buffet though. Cut watermelon rounds and then cut them in wedges. Top with pieces of other fruits (mango, peaches, cherries, kiwi) and blueberries, then mince coconut to sprinkle over it as the "cheese".
eBrekfastPizza-gillumhouse.JPG
The presentation on this is beautiful...and I love that it is simple, yet unique! Thanks!

I usually rotate between:
Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits (using seasonal fruit combinations) add garnish (mint, fruit cookie, granola cups, toasted coconut, fruit filled sugar wafer, anything fun and small, etc...)
IMG_8579.JPG

Tropical Fruit Salad - has a lemon, orange, lime, (zest & juice), honey, poppyseed and fresh grated ginger "dressing"
IMG_8629.JPG

Mostly depends on if we are having something sweet or savory. If we have a sweet entree, like cream cheese filled french toast or crepes, I serve the fruit salad. If savory, like frittatas or a hash, then the yogurt parfaits are perfect.

Is your recipe for this listed on the site somewhere?

Back