Frustration Unlimited

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I am pulling my hair out!!! I did not like MCI so I had my toll-free service with Worldcom. Then M C I bought worldcom, and then Verizon bought MCI. Then Veri zon started charging $8 per month to send a paper bill in the mail. Ridiculous! So they forced me into going online to get my bill. OK. All went well for several years and then they added a captcha to the login. Ever since they added the captcha, I have had a problem logging in to get my bill. Almost every month I have to call the help number go through all of this all over again and more times than I care to think about, have had to change my password. Usually fist try is the problem of using the previous month's password. But then I try again and remember to go to my folders to copy the password of the month that I sent to myself. The people I get on the help line are difficult to understand and they act like I am STOOPID!!
Today I was so frustrated (I have been trying off and on to login for a couple weeks) after the first try (delete your cookies - yes, and I lose all the other passwords I cannot remember) that I hung up. Then I called back and said I wanted to speak to a supervisor. I had to repeat that request 4 times before I finally got a supervisor. He tells me that if I wait 15 minutes, I can login with a temp password he gave me and it will bypass the captcha. Time will tell.
It stinks in the first place that I would be charged $8 for them to send me THEIR bill so I could pay the bill I owed.

And I think it's only going to get worse. I want to go back to the 70s!

We had MCI back in the stone ages for our long distance, they were bad then so guess they haven't changed. Seems like many companies have gone to charging for a paper bill and making a killing with it too.
We are slowly removing our 800 presence online as we have found that very few people are calling it anymore. Most of the traveling public have cell phones with unlimited calling & more often than not even home lines have unlimited these days so the 800 number is more for the very few that are not living in the 21st century.

I finally got in and this month (I knew it would be low) all that effort so I could send them 3.26!!! I keep it, as much as anything so DH's sister can call - she has no phone & no money so this way she can call from any phone she can get use of. And yes, in these days of cell phones, I would consider dumping the toll-free if not for the family factor.

I'm with you on the frustration level. I pay our Po land Sp rings water on line but still receive a paper statement. For 2 months in a row now, I somehow got signed up for automatic payment directly from my bank account. I DO NOT DO AUTOMATIC anything, let alone allow some company to go into my bank account and withdraw $$$. There must be some button that is automatically checked on the site...and I have missed it both times. Now I have to print a form and either FAX it to them or spend the $$ for a stamp to undo, AGAIN, this automatic payment option.
I am not happy. Cancelled our delivery for next month and will call to give them a piece of my mind. Geesh!!

I'm with you on the frustration level. I pay our Po land Sp rings water on line but still receive a paper statement. For 2 months in a row now, I somehow got signed up for automatic payment directly from my bank account. I DO NOT DO AUTOMATIC anything, let alone allow some company to go into my bank account and withdraw $$$. There must be some button that is automatically checked on the site...and I have missed it both times. Now I have to print a form and either FAX it to them or spend the $$ for a stamp to undo, AGAIN, this automatic payment option.
I am not happy. Cancelled our delivery for next month and will call to give them a piece of my mind. Geesh!!.
If you know the amount that will be extracted, go to your bank and de-authorize the transaction. IF you tell the bank that NO auto-payments are to be authorized, it should stand. It took 2 tries to get it done with my previous bank, but there were no more withdrawals by that particular vendor. And I am with you re auto-pay. It ain't gonna happen unless it is a loan payment from THAT bank. I have my current loan payment coming out of my savings account where my pension check is deposited - not out of my checking.

I am not happy. Cancelled our delivery for next month and will call to give them a piece of my mind. Geesh!!.
If you know the amount that will be extracted, go to your bank and de-authorize the transaction. IF you tell the bank that NO auto-payments are to be authorized, it should stand. It took 2 tries to get it done with my previous bank, but there were no more withdrawals by that particular vendor. And I am with you re auto-pay. It ain't gonna happen unless it is a loan payment from THAT bank. I have my current loan payment coming out of my savings account where my pension check is deposited - not out of my checking.
De-authorize, yes, but the de-authorization expires (like a check hold).
A sleaze ball merchant services firm in So Cal has been charging $9.99 a month even after they sold to Intuit. We can't get them to stop, they never answer the phone. (they just sit around doing nothing watching the $10 roll in every month from ... maybe thousands of customers who don't spot it or can't stop it.) The "de-authorization" has been going on for over two years. This week, BoA and we agreed we will close the g_d_ account and reopen a new.

the worst one was an old friend of ours - over many years she has not had a lot of spare cash and a auto payment of £30 ($60) was comming out of her account every month to Gas company - turns out it was for a boiler plan for a house she hadn't lived in for 20 years - they just kept taking the money - my dad fought and got her the money back about $3000 in the end but it was a job of work.

Back