Full House

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
I just turned away my 7th couple looking for a room tonight. The calls started coming in earlier today and I just had another walk-up (8:30pm!) Does no one plan ahead any more? This last couple sighed and said they would just have to sleep on the boat after I told them that I had already called all of the other local B&B's earlier in the day. (there are 8 total here all within a mile of each other) Crazy!

We get nights like that quite often at this time of year. Figure that people where you are need A/C that they may not have on the boat they mentioned. Ditto people who might have slept in their cars but can't tolerate in this weather. (Yes, we get a fair amount of that around here.)
We had one night where I barely shut the door and the bell was ringing again. I've also had nights like that when no one took a room and I stayed empty!

Yup. Full & 10 calls after I turned the phone off last night at 7pm...

Sue, wher are you this week? We had two calls on Friday night. One was from an innkeeper who had a family of 7 from France on her front porch and she couldn't help them, so she called us. We didn't have room, either so I suggested a couple of other places. Not sure where they ended up.

We get nights like that quite often at this time of year. Figure that people where you are need A/C that they may not have on the boat they mentioned. Ditto people who might have slept in their cars but can't tolerate in this weather. (Yes, we get a fair amount of that around here.)
We had one night where I barely shut the door and the bell was ringing again. I've also had nights like that when no one took a room and I stayed empty!.
Our most demanding week end is July 29 to Aug 1st. We have turned down 18 couples. On the friday evening our door bell will start to ring. I am making up a sign for the door that will say sorry we are full. Then the next weekend will be Sept. weekend before most children go back to school.
Most of our bookings have been on short notice this year. Even the Europeans are calling with only a few days notice. Or no notice .They seem to drive for about 10 hours then about 6 or 7 at night hope to find a B&B sign to stop at. It certainly has been a very unusal summer.

Back