Full to Queen Adapters for Beds? Anyone use these?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
We have a number of antique beds that are full size. I want to lose the rails and footboards, and use new metal bed frames with the adapters for queen beds. I have seen several types online...anyone have any experience with these? Thanks.

We have a full size headboard that has the holes drilled out for a queen rail. It's fine. We converted the bed a few years ago and with the bedding on it's hard to tell the headboard is a bit narrow.
What I just saw a few weeks ago was a motel reno where they replaced the full bed with a queen but the headboard was nailed to the wall and they couldn't center the new bed because of the built-in nightstand. So the bed hung over, what? 6" on the side. Sigh.

We have a full size headboard that has the holes drilled out for a queen rail. It's fine. We converted the bed a few years ago and with the bedding on it's hard to tell the headboard is a bit narrow.
What I just saw a few weeks ago was a motel reno where they replaced the full bed with a queen but the headboard was nailed to the wall and they couldn't center the new bed because of the built-in nightstand. So the bed hung over, what? 6" on the side. Sigh..
The rail/frame adapters I am looking at actually fit the old headboard, but you don't use the footboard. Fine with me. They even have some that drop down lower to accommodate the new thicker mattresses, but they aren't cheap...just was hoping someone here had them before I plunked down the money.

I have several antique beds that are converted to queen size and use both the headboard & footboard. Just could not use the wooden siderails. They still sit higher than the average bed of today, so my son built a wood block that holds the metal support in the middle of the box spring (since it would be too short to reach the floor). The wood support also serves double duty to keep the bed from moving and provides a more stable support. You can't really tell that the mattresses are larger than the beds when they're all made up.

We've used the metal adaptors and they work great. They clip into the full size headboard and footboards and then extend out on either side.

We've used the metal adaptors and they work great. They clip into the full size headboard and footboards and then extend out on either side..
Are those the clips that work with your existing rails, or the ones that have the new metal frame with them?
I have seen both kinds, but I think the ones with the rails are the way to go.

We've used the metal adaptors and they work great. They clip into the full size headboard and footboards and then extend out on either side..
Are those the clips that work with your existing rails, or the ones that have the new metal frame with them?
I have seen both kinds, but I think the ones with the rails are the way to go.
They are the ones attached to the metal frame. Basically they clip into the headboard and footboard and then expand out on the sides.

Back