Fun with Nikky

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgins House

Reaction score
Things have been quiet here so when I got a poorly worded email from "Nikky" wanting to reserve two rooms for two weeks I smelled a familar rat. Usually of course these emails just get deleated. But I decided to have some fun. I told him the rooms were available and that since he was staying for an extended period he would even get a discount. He was delighted but then said that because of some medical issue his luggage would be shipped separately. So Nikky sent me his credit card info and asked me to add $1,400 to the bill for the shipper, a Vickie Schoening in Owensville Mo, I told him it was just fine. He wanted the money wired by Western Union, but I told him that we did not have a office in Sanford so I had sent a certified check by overnight express to Vickie. For some reason this has upset him. I plan to string this along as much as possible. I suppose you all also get these But this is my way of fighting back Lou

Do everyone a favour. Call your processor and report the number as a "Code 10" and save this poor person from having to deal with the stolen card charges.

ive sort of had the reverse of this this week which goes against everything I have experienced through the bank.
Very nice people booked my next door neighbour for 5 nights at $1000 for a family room - turned up 8pm, no owner, no bedding, room not cleaned and full of rubbish, pizza boxes etc - no carpet (this was in the car park) - poor woman was distraught rang my bell as had no idea what to do. Card has already been charged = told her to try and ring the bank and do a charge back - the bank said no.
Don't know if they ever made any progress - just I was so astounded that the bank didn't side with the customer

Back