Funniest or strangest request you have had?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm ... have had weird guests and guests who did weird things .. had to think a while.
there was a guest who assumed i would cook him an Irish breakfast because i have red hair. my place had nothing to do with any Irish heritage or anything remotely Irish, plus i'm a mutt, little Irish, little of this, little of that.
anyway ... he asked if i could please make him that breakfast including black pudding or blood sausage. no, never have made anything like that. he said 'please?' NO.
seashanty said:
anyway ... he asked if i could please make him that breakfast including black pudding or blood sausage. no, never have made anything like that. he said 'please?' NO
AAawwww...go on.....black pudding is nice.

A lady from the us was staying with her son. At check-out dh asked her where she was travelling on to. She said "My son wants to see London, but I'm not so keep because of the plague".
I don't know how dH kept a straight face, but he just said "Oh, I think they've cleaned London up a bit since the plague".

It wasn't a request from a guest, but I'd have to list as our funniest/strangest situation the couple of women who packed up and left early because the neighbor's old one-eyed cow was looking "funny" at them.

hmmmm ... have had weird guests and guests who did weird things .. had to think a while.
there was a guest who assumed i would cook him an Irish breakfast because i have red hair. my place had nothing to do with any Irish heritage or anything remotely Irish, plus i'm a mutt, little Irish, little of this, little of that.
anyway ... he asked if i could please make him that breakfast including black pudding or blood sausage. no, never have made anything like that. he said 'please?' NO.
seashanty said:
anyway ... he asked if i could please make him that breakfast including black pudding or blood sausage. no, never have made anything like that. he said 'please?' NO
Highlands John said:
seashanty said:
never had it, never seen it, never wanted to try it ... would have no idea how to make it.

There have been so many funny things that people do that it's hard to remember them all. But this one just happened. Phone rings, number from FL. Women on the other end starts with a host of questions about the "tick problem" in the north east. Wants to know all about the safety of walking around town but she really wants to know about walking around town in Nantucket. We are not on Nantucket and I let her know that locally she needs to be prudent but that if she stays on the paths and checks herself after walking in a natural setting that she should not have a problem. If she decides to go to Nantucket she should contact her innkeeper there to find her answer.
Then she unloads about her friend's mother, her health, her birthday coming up and the fact that she really doesn't know if she will ever get up this way.
At this point I clearly got the picture and ended the conversation but Geesh, what the heck does she think I am, the tourist bureau?.
Silverspoon said:
There have been so many funny things that people do that it's hard to remember them all. But this one just happened. Phone rings, number from FL. Women on the other end starts with a host of questions about the "tick problem" in the north east. Wants to know all about the safety of walking around town but she really wants to know about walking around town in Nantucket. We are not on Nantucket and I let her know that locally she needs to be prudent but that if she stays on the paths and checks herself after walking in a natural setting that she should not have a problem. If she decides to go to Nantucket she should contact her innkeeper there to find her answer.
Then she unloads about her friend's mother, her health, her birthday coming up and the fact that she really doesn't know if she will ever get up this way.
At this point I clearly got the picture and ended the conversation but Geesh, what the heck does she think I am, the tourist bureau?
lonely person? ... you have a new bff. wow

seashanty said:
Highlands John said:
seashanty said:
never had it, never seen it, never wanted to try it ... would have no idea how to make it.
seashanty said:
Highlands John said:
seashanty said:
We get it from the butchers, it's like a sausage, you slice it and fry it. I serve it as a side order with the Scottish full cooked breakfast.

It wasn't a request from a guest, but I'd have to list as our funniest/strangest situation the couple of women who packed up and left early because the neighbor's old one-eyed cow was looking "funny" at them..
Ark, oh I remember you telling us about that one! LOL

It wasn't a request from a guest, but I'd have to list as our funniest/strangest situation the couple of women who packed up and left early because the neighbor's old one-eyed cow was looking "funny" at them..
Arkansawyer said:
It wasn't a request from a guest, but I'd have to list as our funniest/strangest situation the couple of women who packed up and left early because the neighbor's old one-eyed cow was looking "funny" at them.
regular_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif
omg_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
tounge_smile.gif
hahahahaha

Arkansawyer said:
That is brilliant.
teeth_smile.gif

seashanty said:
there was a guest who assumed i would cook him an Irish breakfast because i have red hair ... he asked if i could please make him that breakfast including black pudding or blood sausage. no, never have made anything like that. he said 'please?' NO
Bizarre!
But I'll have to say, an Irish breakfast is THE BEST!
Arkansawyer said:
seashanty said:
there was a guest who assumed i would cook him an Irish breakfast because i have red hair ... he asked if i could please make him that breakfast including black pudding or blood sausage. no, never have made anything like that. he said 'please?' NO
Bizarre!
But I'll have to say, an Irish breakfast is THE BEST!
You could serve green eggs and Paddy O'Sausage!

WAHHHHH! That is hilarious!!!
teeth_smile.gif

The couple that asked if we could serve coffee at 4AM as the wife gets up that early...WTH is that all about-did we do it? NO we put a carafe of coffee before we went to bed. DH found her the next morning in a robe reading, then they didnt have breakfast till 9AM-please please dont EVER come back!

Arkansawyer said:
regular_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif
omg_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
tounge_smile.gif
hahahahaha
regular_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Back