Funny story......or not.....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Reservation came through bkng dot con for a same day stay. One night. Can we check in at 11 am?
We could use the money so, fine, sure, whatever.....
pat noon, she calls. “What is your cancellation policy?” I was proud of myself because I didn’t laugh, “you made the reservation hours ago and we expected you already. Therermis no cancellation.” “I’m sick. I think I ate some bad food for breakfast.”
i can see that we have the same room open for the next day and I kinda want to go to the beach, so I suggested she come tomorrow. She Is very grateful and again, asks for 11 am checkins. Fine.
Next day, room ready, 11.....12.....1..... so at 4:30, we go out to the beach for cocktails leaving a self checkin but with low expectations. At 10, we go to bed. At 10:15, she shows up! Saying her husband would be along later.
It is morning now and it looks like hubby never showed.
My theory is alcohol abuse. DH is just happy we got the money and there’s is no one else in the house this morning.

I actually got a rez for October!! I have a hard time remembering the last time I had a rez that far in advance. 2 rooms tomorrow (family meeting in middle) and then 3 nights next week - the man from April. My savings are safe for another month.

Ok, the good news is, I lose the bet. She cam to breakfast right at the time she said she would.

I actually got a rez for October!! I have a hard time remembering the last time I had a rez that far in advance. 2 rooms tomorrow (family meeting in middle) and then 3 nights next week - the man from April. My savings are safe for another month..
Full up today. All leaving tomorrow.
2 breakfasts tomorrow, one at 7a, one at 9a, so separation easy. Easing back into the swing.

Back