Funny story....right?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
A regular couple here for five days. They come every summer and love it here. In the olden days, we always set up a buffet breakfast and people served themselves. Of course that was then, this is now. So we are offering one plated breakfast plus a choice of ‘alternatives ‘ for picky eaters - toast and bacon, yogurt and granola, cereal or oatmeal.

Three days here, we’ve offered egg baskets, blueberry bread pudding and crustless quiche. Each day, he elects to have toast and bacon. Each day. So tomorrow is their last day so I asked the, “ do you have a favorite breakfast? I can make whatever you like!” His response, “ whatever you make is great!” Seriously? You haven’t eaten my chefs choice once all week, but it’s all fine. Fine.

P.S. she requested banana pancakes, so that’s what I’m making.

I’d eat toast and bacon everyday, too. I got the most delicious heirloom tomato yesterday and rather than sit around watching guests eat, I grabbed the extra bacon and made myself a blt for breakfast!

We had a guest here who kept adding more nights. Most of the time there was no one else in the house so I asked if there was anything she really liked but she said anything was fine. And it was. She ate everything.

Toast and bacon, and throw an egg on it, in any form whatsoever, and I'm be happy as a New England clam.

I forget who it was, maybe you, BeachHouse, who was saying they offer all these things, and every day everybody wants an egg. There's a reason for that!! Mmmm!

So last night, everyone is sleep. We have 4 guests and the smoke alarm goes off at 2:45AM. Just three chirps. Same thing at 3:30, and again at 4:45. At this point I've eyed most of the 27 smoke detectors, so I go to the 200 amp panel box and shut the circuit off to let them run on batteries. Long story short; the gfci will not reset and is not tripping. We had lightning that knocked out our internet about a week ago. Now I get to shop for a new gfci breaker! Woohoo!

i put out a different menu every day, traditional full cooked, vegetarian full cooked, plus two other dishes which change every day.

its Not uncommon for people to stay 4 or 5 nights and have the same thing every day, usually full cooked or variation thereof.

cant help thinking why do I bother will all this other dish ideas.

its Not uncommon for people to stay 4 or 5 nights and have the same thing every day, usually full cooked or variation thereof.

Yep, you got me. Were I staying in Scotland 4 or 5 nights, I'd have the full Scottish breakfast every day if I could get it. LOVE it. Frankly, the treat of that breakfast every day would be the highlight of my whole trip. That's right. I'd gladly travel to the UK just for the breakfasts!

Yep, you got me. Were I staying in Scotland 4 or 5 nights, I'd have the full Scottish breakfast every day if I could get it. LOVE it. Frankly, the treat of that breakfast every day would be the highlight of my whole trip. That's right. I'd gladly travel to the UK just for the breakfasts!

My husband is the same way -- he'll take a full English, a full Scottish, hell he'd eat both in one sitting if he could get them. We're hoping to make a UK trip in 2022 and I fully expect him to try and force-feed me black pudding every day. Never mind the fact that neither one of us eats breakfast regularly when we're at home.

Never mind the fact that neither one of us eats breakfast regularly when we're at home.

I have an Atkins Chocolate Chip Granola Bar and coffee for breakfast 4 days/week. But the other 3 days it's eggs and something or other!

So last night, everyone is sleep. We have 4 guests and the smoke alarm goes off at 2:45AM. Just three chirps. Same thing at 3:30, and again at 4:45. At this point I've eyed most of the 27 smoke detectors, so I go to the 200 amp panel box and shut the circuit off to let them run on batteries. Long story short; the gfci will not reset and is not tripping. We had lightning that knocked out our internet about a week ago. Now I get to shop for a new gfci breaker! Woohoo!
Smoke detector circuit should not be on GFCI (Not sure how this topic relates to breakfast)
I enjoy a full Scots ... in Scotland, particularly fond of haggis. I serve a lightened version of the basic full American. Used to be eggs to order, but serving single parties in the guest lounge one floor and 100 steps away, its omelet or scrambled so it's warm and palatable (can't keep eggs easy "warm").
But personally, I usually have an Asian stir-fry with rice, after the breakfast all cleaned up.breakfast1.jpg

Last edited:
Back