Funny tag line for sale inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
"Don't let this foreclosure scare you"
All aspirings out there I hope you check out bbonline.com inns for sale section, they have the most recent listed in one fell swoop click here to see it.
Not sure about that tag line however...I might be worried about a foreclosure. There are plenty of inns who are doing quite well and are just ready to sell, it is not the economy, it is just time to move on...5 to 7 years is an average life expectancy for innkeeping I believe. So for some it is just time to pass the torch to someone new who will enjoy the B&B lifestyle.

My reason for being ready to sell is that my City NEEDS a B & B and the only way I can guarantee that is to sell it as a B & B myself. I had planned to put it on the market in 2011, but I am now waiting for things to settle down politically so everyone knows the financial rules, tax rules, is the sky falling.... I do not want anyone to get into difficulty because things are one way today and topsy-turvy tomorrow. I still love what I do.

hmmm.... I think a foreclosure might make me take pause. If the previous owner couldn't pay the bills? Chances are my mortgage might be larger? I guess they're just trying to get interest since it's already closed after having been foreclosed on. Interesting.

My reason for being ready to sell is that my City NEEDS a B & B and the only way I can guarantee that is to sell it as a B & B myself. I had planned to put it on the market in 2011, but I am now waiting for things to settle down politically so everyone knows the financial rules, tax rules, is the sky falling.... I do not want anyone to get into difficulty because things are one way today and topsy-turvy tomorrow. I still love what I do..
gillumhouse said:
My reason for being ready to sell is that my City NEEDS a B & B and the only way I can guarantee that is to sell it as a B & B myself.
OMG! So YOU'RE that fly on my wall. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing here. I had no great desire for the B&B lifestyle, and I could certainly do better putting this million dollars into the stock market. The ONLY reason I got the B&B bug is that I want my town to have one, and if I don't do it, it will NEVER happen here. The people here with money are as tight as Sam Walton (that's an Arkansas expression...the Waltons live here and wear only off-the-rack clothes from their Wal_Mart stores). I'm keeping my present job so we can have a living even if the B&B makes no profit.
All that being said, I'm loving the planning and really getting into the spirit of what a well-run B&B means and how I can achieve it. I have great support from the family and think it will be a wonderful community service.
I'm also hoping that since I won't be living there and doing the cooking and housework myself, I won't suffer burnout nearly as soon as the 5-to-7 year average.

My reason for being ready to sell is that my City NEEDS a B & B and the only way I can guarantee that is to sell it as a B & B myself. I had planned to put it on the market in 2011, but I am now waiting for things to settle down politically so everyone knows the financial rules, tax rules, is the sky falling.... I do not want anyone to get into difficulty because things are one way today and topsy-turvy tomorrow. I still love what I do..
gillumhouse said:
My reason for being ready to sell is that my City NEEDS a B & B and the only way I can guarantee that is to sell it as a B & B myself.
OMG! So YOU'RE that fly on my wall. That's EXACTLY what I'm doing here. I had no great desire for the B&B lifestyle, and I could certainly do better putting this million dollars into the stock market. The ONLY reason I got the B&B bug is that I want my town to have one, and if I don't do it, it will NEVER happen here. The people here with money are as tight as Sam Walton (that's an Arkansas expression...the Waltons live here and wear only off-the-rack clothes from their Wal_Mart stores). I'm keeping my present job so we can have a living even if the B&B makes no profit.
All that being said, I'm loving the planning and really getting into the spirit of what a well-run B&B means and how I can achieve it. I have great support from the family and think it will be a wonderful community service.
I'm also hoping that since I won't be living there and doing the cooking and housework myself, I won't suffer burnout nearly as soon as the 5-to-7 year average.
I was a start-up in 1996. It has had its ups & downs. All was well until I had to get a loan for some upgrades that would not have been a problem had I been able to do them when i wanted to - at least 5 years earlier - BEFORE Katrina shot the costs of construction materials into the stratosphere.... By the time DH agreed to sign the
potty-mouth.gif
loan papers it was a huge loan instead of a medium-size.

Back